Congratulations to SSmokin99 on winning the April COTM! First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. I'm ...
  • Ad

• *** April COTM Winner... SSmokin99 ***

Congratulations to SSmokin99 on winning the April COTM!

First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. I'm actually shocked that I won, but also excited at the same time. Anyway, I got this SS on June 17, 2003 as a graduation present from my parents. It had 17k miles and they bought it for $16,000. I originally wanted a black SS, but the one I checked out was a salvage title and it wasn't in the best condition. I kept looking around and found a black SS for $18,500, but it was out of the price range.

I didn't give up as this is a car I've wanted for a long time... So one day back when Yahoo still had a classifieds section I came across a 1999 Pewter SS. I hated Pewter at the time, but the mileage and price was pretty good. Me and my parents decided to check it out and when I saw it, it was love at first sight. I couldn't believe how good Pewter looked under fluorescent lights. We took it for a test drive and a few weeks after throwing a down payment my Dad picked it up and brought her home. It took a long, LONG time for me to believe I was actually driving a SS.

So far I only have bolt ons... I completely switched out my interior from my 2002 Z28 which is full leather. Over the summer in 2011 I decided to paint my SS since there was so many Pewter SS's & Z/28's around my area. I went with Sunset Orange Metallic and I don't regret it one bit. Here are some pics of my SS over time.

This article was originally published in forum thread: *** April COTM Winner... SSmokin99 *** started by KahanaReef View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      SSmokin99 -
      Thanks for the votes everyone. I forgot to mention that I have Strano springs with Koni shocks.
      98maro -
      congrats man.. good looking car,,, paint job is zik!!
      wileyCoyote -
      outstanding car! congrats!
      cancam99ss -
      Nice car reminds me of taters
      Raleigh TA -
      She's a beauty!
      SSickLS1 -
      showin SOM love! how many miles you got on this work of art now?
  • Recent Forum Posts

Difference Between Trans Am and Trans Am WS6?

speedyWS6 Today, 01:01 AM Go to last post
    Carmine lucchese

Difference Between Trans Am and Trans Am WS6?

Lol wrong did you do any dyno numbers .???. I don't think so!!! So you can repeat what you read like a parrot. There's 75 hp different easy . Heads are

Carmine lucchese Yesterday, 09:54 PM Go to last post
    Ed Blown Vert

Democrats see themselves as Teslas, Republicans as Corvettes

Filed under: Government/Legal,Green,Chevrolet,Tesla,United States,Electric
    While the poll respondents leaned Republican, a

Ed Blown Vert Yesterday, 12:40 PM Go to last post

replacement dash doard top

i have a brand new replacement dash board top for 98-02 trans am/firebird maybe even a camaro if the same dash
    this is not a rug or cover its the

jodmari Yesterday, 11:11 AM Go to last post

Custom Car Emblems from third_shift|studios

Nice work as always!

KahanaReef Yesterday, 09:24 AM Go to last post
  • Sponsors