ls1
    93 octane gas

93* outside a little more in bay
    85% humidity
    car was run on dyno while hot i just drove it there, an hour away
    intake temp was 150* while dyno and tuning

375 hp
    386 touque

im pissed, guy said i should run a type of injection cooling cause 150* intake is to hot

i dont have a boost gauge in yet, i just ordered it today to make sure its at 5 psi and i ordered a fuel pressure guage
    im gona get a intake tep guage later for my 3rd guage, its expensive so im gona wait.

Black
    2000 WS6

Those numbers are somewhat low. But good idea on the gauges.

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

supposed to be around 420-435 hp with 5 psi, i do inderstand the heat and car being how has some to do with it but still low
    i hope all it is maybe its only at 4psi

i was stock at 330hp and 330 tq

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

any1? any ideas? il have boost guage and fuel pressure guage on this weekend and goan take it to the track, i think i have a exhaust leak, gona haveit welded after i put boost guage on and see what it puting out before and after

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Most likely leaking boost. Get the gauge on it.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

I think for an auto your numbers are decent. Think most autos only do 280 or so stock.
    Local guy is installed one on his six speed this weekend.He has 42 injectors and racetronix fuel pump.Non ls6 intake and engine is bone stock.
    We have no dynojet here but do have a mustang dyno in nearby city.Not sure if he plans to go there.I think it can spit out sort of dynojet comparable numbers.

I wouldn't worry much the sts work and work well. I came very close to buying one last year. I had a ride in an sts lt1 and it was great.
    But I wanted a twin turbo front mount in my 99 ta so that is what I ordered.
    I would be pretty pleased to see 400 rwhp at 5psi.I am not sure if going to install my new fast 90 and my lingenfelter gt7 cam and maybe some heads on my stock engine for now. I was thinking maybe wait till next year and do up a nice iron block full forged and then be able to run over 10psi no problem.
    I have seen several lt1 pistons go boom from boost.One sts car and one ati car.Very weak in ringland area of lt1 and ls1 pistons..hypercrap I call them.
    Be careful with tune and boost and you should be ok.I think 7 with intercooler or water injection is all I would run unless you drop compression with some different say lq9 heads.
    And intake temp gauge is waste of time..most guys would run fuel pressure,boost /vac and egt temp.
    Just get an obx or whatever intercooler on there.,still helps with the sts or water/alco injection.That helps a lot too.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Oh if that was a mustang dyno they read low..if it was dynojet or corrected to be like dynojet than again a bit low but its an auto and you could still get better tune maybe. Its all in how lean people tune the cars and what timing they put in.

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

my car was dynoed bone stock at 330 hp 330 tq its a 2002 ls1

had it dynoed a few months prior
    place i brought car to specializes in just cameros and corvttes

i ran it at track ran 12.6 @ 114 mph on 4psi

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

thats with bald street ties almost to metal and still stock fuel system, havnt changed it out yet

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

i think with a lower intake temp around 80-100 with sum type of cooling, good tires or even slicks, 6 psi, 42 lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, and probably gona leave stock gearing gotta see which one is in it now, i should see 11.9 's no problem

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Wow 330 is very high for a bone stock auto! and torque is usually a bit lower than hp.
    That don't look like no mustang dyno numbers.
    Buddies m6 only did like 320 mustang to dynoject converted and think his torque was like 300. That was an m6 with loudmouth and thats about it. He has 2001 same ls6 intake and cam and exh man as your 2002.
    Your numbers stock seem 30 to high..But wouldn't worry that much.Your sts will add power and it might be tuned way too rich right now or with too much timing knocked out of it.
    And track numbers mean more than dyno numbers to most people. Mph is the key.
    I haven't seen many auto stock ls1s get more than about 103mph or so around our track.But its at 1700 feet or so above sea level and we have bad density air most days.
    Turbos are less sensitive to altitude so if you are at higher alititudes the turbo really helps.

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

i ran 12.6 and 12.7 on 2 runs

but i think once i redo fuel system casue it s starving and my intake temp is 150 way to high, and get colder air goin through il get sum real good numbers and il put it from 4 psi to 6 psi, didnt know i loose 1 lb going from back of ar to front but thats what sts said when i called them

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

Your stock numbers seem high, but congrats if they are true. I would have expected around 80-100 hp increase, so the boosted numbers seem low in comparison.
    I run boost, EGT and trans temp as my gauges. Fuel pressure had better remain fairly constant, or I am in deep trouble.
    I would suggest upgrading your fuel system, it will also cool your intake temps. Start with fuel pump, injectors, and possibly an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pressure can be adjusted and then forgotten, if set correctly.
    Best of luck, kk.

Thread Information