NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

How's this sound

I have a 2001 TA WS6 with an A4. Car has 33k on the clock and currently has Pacesetter longtubes, Offroad y-pipe, Magnaflow cat-back, lid, and a smooth bellow. Had the car tuned Thursday and I put down 345.68rwhp and 356.24ft/tq It was 81* out and 32% humidity. How do those numbers sound? My AF looks like it was right under 13, probably 12.8-9 or so.

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

From what I have seen, its the average. Which Lid? Cats or no cats? What dyno was used? Good synthetic fluids all the way through?

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by z28241 View Post
    From what I have seen, its the average. Which Lid? Cats or no cats? What dyno was used? Good synthetic fluids all the way through?
    I have the SLP lid, no cats. a Dynojet was used. and I have royal purple oil, am going to change the trans fluid to royal purple soon to I think.

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

My friends also say that royal purple purple is the way to go, and Sarge has a good write up on oils, he likes Amsoil, and has reason to. I am right there with ya as far as what you should do as the first mods..., and tune, ready to to do the same exactly with mine, been followingly closely to what others are getting on dyno's, and want to do the "free mods" as well, porting throttle body, etc....BTW, do the headers hit the floor boards on heavy acceleration? Check streefire.net, and see what alot guys are getting on their dyno tunes, most of them say what mod.s have been done. Good Luck !!
    Last edited by Hawk241; 08-28-2006 at 06:36 AM.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

My y-pipe used to hit the floorboard until I readjusted everything and it went away. I think my next mods are going to be some suspension work and a cam this winter when I put it away. Ill have to read up on the oil thing..I know its along thread so I might need a while so we will see what happens with that I guess

rique71

white
    1998 z28

what do u mean by readjusting everything cause i just got the pacestter headers and y pipe installed and it hits when i take off want it to stop

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dag711 View Post
    what do u mean by readjusting everything cause i just got the pacestter headers and y pipe installed and it hits when i take off want it to stop
    I just loosened all the clamps and played with it for a little bit until I got it to where it was sitting right, you could take it to an exhaust shop and they will heat it up and bend it down alittle so it doesnt hit. Or some people say try getting the mufflex bump-stop that is supposed to stop the y-pipe from hitting to. Either way will work, its up to you.

Thread Information