white&black
    1995 camaro ss

Question please help lt1 injecters

i was told i could get some good info on this site i need to know if stock injecter size for 1995 lt1 is 24#hr also what is the fuel pressure need to be at
    w.o.t. or at idle also i have some 33#hr injecters i would like to put in. This car has been to LG motorsports and had a 509 528 lift cam and port work on heads and intake and fuel pump would the 33#hr injecters help me any??????

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaro131 View Post
    i was told i could get some good info on this site i need to know if stock injecter size for 1995 lt1 is 24#hr also what is the fuel pressure need to be at
    w.o.t. or at idle also i have some 33#hr injecters i would like to put in. This car has been to LG motorsports and had a 509 528 lift cam and port work on heads and intake and fuel pump would the 33#hr injecters help me any??????
    With an engine that big and a cam profile, you'll need bigger injectors. I'm thinkin 42's at least. Probably bigger. Guys running stock cubes (350) with heads/cam usually are running bigger injectors than that, and the 509 has more cubes to fill.

black
    1993 Vette

if you have modified cam shaft the stock fuel press data is pretty much useless as far as setting it, set it at idle at WOT it will be a factor of mnfld vac wich will bump up the fuel press to maintin the same diferential press between the fuel and the intake. LT1 uses vac to adjust fuel press to the cpu only has to think about air to fuel ratio (in simple terms) the LS1 has a fixed fuel press and the computer has a fuel curve to tell the injectors to pulse longer and high intake press to get the same amount of fuel in.

if you have the ECU retuned try to find out what idle fuel press was used for the computation if you have the stock program you can either adjust fuel press until the car starts running right less press if you are rich, more if you are lean. or get a cumstom reprogram done and just get advise from the company on what to use

incidentaly if intake vac drops and fuel press dosen't raise (there can be a little time gap of a few seconds for this) that probably means you are exceeding the fuel flow rating for the fuel pump and it cant keep up

white&black
    1995 camaro ss

Cool thank you

i am thinking maybe dyno tune is the way to go for this problem
    becouse the car runs good be i would like to know i am pulling all i can out of it

Thread Information