want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

Angry RANT: Do you pay taxes?

Had to tell somebody. I am selling my house by owner and last night I showed my house to a guy that really irritated me. His secretary called me about 3 times to set up an appointment to see my house. I thought OK this is weird. Why would a guy have his secretary call for him. I mean this is no mansion, Just a 3bd/1ba starter home. The guy pulls up to the house in a brand new lincoln pickups with big old rims and he and his wife get out. I say hi and she looks at me funny and he says hi my name is armano or something. She can't understand or speak english and he can barely. OK, I can handle this I am not racist, IF THEY ARE LEGAL, which I have no way of knowing, this is ok. I talk to the guy a little and tell him about the house. About the only thing he wanted to know is will the city let him add on. I said I don't know why not. Then he tells me he moved here from North Carolina and he owned 3 acres, horses and a 4000SF house. Worth 500K there and probably 1 mil here or so he says? I think yeah right. But who knows. Anyway what pissed me off is he says I think I want to make an offer. Can I pay like 40K in cash and we do the papers for a $130,000 sale. I said I'll take 40K cash, but I'm going to record it and we'll do the papers for $170,000 he said no and left.

OK.

I pay taxes for some moron who can't speak english to come into my country and do under the table crap? If these kinds of moron's would do good clean business, I wouldn't have to pay half my pay in taxes.

Gee why do you think people hate illegal aliens?

It just pisses me off that anybody screws the government out of their taxes. It makes total sense why my taxes are so high. I am paying for all the people who don't, plus all the welfare people who don't contribute at all.

I know there are millions of legal citizens who don't pay there taxes as well. But it just goes way to far to have a person with no right to be here take advantage of our rights and make us pay.

OK, that's all

want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

Oh, by the way later last night I got a full price offer and earnest money from a guy who has had a stroke and is a little slow. His employers brought him to look at it and are helping him to buy the place. He has no family and they take care of him (a loyal employee).

That was awesome

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

yeah that wouldnt seem obvious, selling your house for 66% of what comparable houses in your neighborhood are going for.

haha. that guy was bad news, and not because he was illegal.

NBM
    99 TA

i file a tax return every year... but im at the point where i am too young and too poor, that i just get a big refund every year. I would be an idiot not to file. I hear ya though, that guy was out of line suggesting something liek that

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You can sell a home to a non citizen...no problem...now what that Julio was asking for was fraud....Ive had offers on my ranch from super rich Mexicans....lot of em have bought all around me....you do not have to be a US citizen to purchase property in the states...hell the Japanese own Hawaii and the Saudi's own New York and LA....

want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

I know sarge, my rant is more along the lines of taxes, although I don't like the idea of illegal aliens or even outside non-citizens owning land.

What kind of a ranch do you have acres? crops? animals? I don't know your history, but I like your attitude in your posts!

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Judge Learned Hand, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit from 1924 until 1951, those in the biz know this quote well:

"Over and over again Courts have said there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich and poor, and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands. Taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. to demand more in the name of morals is mere cant."

And another one of his more famous quotes:

"There are two systems of taxation in our country: one for the informed and one for the uninformed."

Now I'm not suggesting that you should have helped this guy commit fraud, I think you did the right thing, but everyone tries to pay as little as possible in taxes. If they didn't I would be out of work.

want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands
    Key Words!

I'm all about deductions, credits and etc.

I'm talking about just plain hiding your income and transactions by using cash.
    I don't like to give my money to overpaid people who lean on shovel handles and whores and druggies who don't work and add underpriviliged kids to the welfare system. But I do want to do my fair part to protect the country that gives me freedom and keep up my city and roads and so on.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 56car View Post
    I know sarge, my rant is more along the lines of taxes, although I don't like the idea of illegal aliens or even outside non-citizens owning land.

What kind of a ranch do you have acres? crops? animals? I don't know your history, but I like your attitude in your posts!
    9000 acres/Got out of the cattle business...got a couple of Boar Goats
    I grow a lil headache medicine down by the river and thats about it.

I could use some of that medicine right now...lol

Damn headache all day! I didn't even go out drinking last night.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    9000 acres/Got out of the cattle business...got a couple of Boar Goats
    I grow a lil headache medicine down by the river and thats about it.
    ...and it's the BEST medicine for a headache!

Well, I agree taxes should be paid I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, nor am I a druggie or some other type of miscreant. BUT, if I can do something to help reduce the amount of taxes I have to pay to save a few bucks I'm going to do it. No matter what I have done I always ask if it will help if I pay cash. Alot of the smaller business's won't charge you tax if they get paid in cash. I bought a $500 dollar bed no tax I mean it's only 30 bucks but I'll take it. who hasn't sold a car and helped the buyer out by putting a lower amount on the bill of sale so they didn't have to pay so much in taxes?

not to mention he would have been screwing himself. You are the one who would have to record the sale and you get taxed on the value of the home. BUT when he goes to sell the house if he recorded the sale at 130,000 and not 170,000 he has to pay taxes on the additional 40,000 that he initially paid you because his tax basis is 130,000. So he'd be screwing himself.

Doesn't matter though you got a better deal, good luck with it.

want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

I don't get taxed on the income from my home that has been my personal residence for over 2 years. He just has money laying around that hasn't been claimed as income and he wants to use it without it being tracked.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Now I'm not suggesting that you should have helped this guy commit fraud, I think you did the right thing, but everyone tries to pay as little as possible in taxes. If they didn't I would be out of work.
    I gues you either work for teh IRS, or for H&R block.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM_DURST View Post
    I gues you either work for teh IRS, or for H&R block.
    Kind of right, I'm a former IRS employee. Now I work for one of the world's largest accounting firms.

Thread Information