Pewter
    2001 Sonoma :(

Hello, and need advice

Hello everyone just thought i would say hi as i like ls1 and finally might have a chance to purchase one hopefully.

Well anyway that is what i need some opinions on the 98 Trans Am im looking at

Just a regular trans am m6 (not ws6), by the way what exactly is the difference between ws6 and non ws6. I know ws6 have the like ram air hood on them but other differences.

Silver, low mile 72k, power everything; locks windows and drivers seat, keyless entry, flowmaster exhaust, embroidered floor mats, monsoon sound system, chrome zr1 wheels, leather seats, t-tops, 6 speed manual.

taken directly from the add, hes asking 10,000 obo, from one pic in ad it look nice, but hopefully he should get me more pics tomorrow.

on the advice, opinions i request, is this a fair price, and what would be fair starting asking price for me to offer( kbb says the car is worth 9100-9500).

also if i decide to take a day and go look at it, what kind of things should i be looking for, as this would be my only car and daily driver.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Welcome to LS1.com

White
    2001 Trans-Am

Welcome! There is not a whole lot of difference between a WS6, and a Trans-am. Both have the motor that one is looking for to create power. This is the LS1 engine. The WS6 just has a ram air system which is the biggest difference. There is a few other things, but nothing major. 10 stacks isn't a bad price, but isn't a great one either. Of course I haven't seen the car. It is hard to say. Best advice I could give a person on buying a car, is to take your time, and don't rush it. Thats the biggest mistake I think a person can make!

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Sounds about like the TA I just bought over here in Ft. Collins. It's a silver 99' though with 50K miles and a Borla cat-back. I had a 00' Z28 auto a few years ago and the TA is sooo much more fun with the 6-speed. I bought the TA right at NADA book for avg. retail which was about a grand more than what your seller is asking. I personally feel it was some of the best money I ever spent every time I drive it. Gets killer gas mileage (28 hwy) compared to my 3/4 ton truck and I spanked a 04 GTO in a brief sprint the other morning on the way to work. Good luck with the negotiating!

Pewter
    2001 Sonoma :(

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Sounds about like the TA I just bought over here in Ft. Collins. It's a silver 99' though with 50K miles and a Borla cat-back. I had a 00' Z28 auto a few years ago and the TA is sooo much more fun with the 6-speed. I bought the TA right at NADA book for avg. retail which was about a grand more than what your seller is asking. I personally feel it was some of the best money I ever spent every time I drive it. Gets killer gas mileage (28 hwy) compared to my 3/4 ton truck and I spanked a 04 GTO in a brief sprint the other morning on the way to work. Good luck with the negotiating!
    yea it has to be a 6speed, if its and auto im not even remotely interested, no offense auto guys, i just love the feeling of selecting the gears manually.

Thread Information