ls6 intake problem

i swapped my ls1 out for an ls6. I alread have the egr and air blocked off on the headers.

When I start the car slowly revs to ~3k. Then it lowers rpms slowly until it gets to 500 and idles rly rough and then starts to die. Any1 have any idea what the problem is? I rly dont think anything got under the intake when I put it in because I checked it a lot but i gues its possible something slipped in at the last minute. I rly have no clue. help appreciated I am hoping ot have it running normal by tomorrow!

i also noticed it shows the temperature as 0

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like two things - you have a vacuum leak somewhere (possibly an intake port gasket, disconnected hose, ect) and you have a broken tempurature sending unit.

Recheck all your hoses and connections, especially the brake booster hose and other small vacuum lines in the back of the manifold.

where is the sending unit at? the problem w/ the temp wasnt untill i put the new intake on so maybe it came unplugged

also that one hose that goes onto the passenger side head is creased in so it doesnt look like it would flow well. Would that matter enough to cuase this? thanks.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jeff00z28 View Post
    also that one hose that goes onto the passenger side head is creased in so it doesnt look like it would flow well. Would that matter enough to cuase this? thanks.
    You are probably talking about the breather hose that goes to the valve cover. Unless its leaking, it will not cause the problem you are having.

im going to have to take it back off and see whats going on

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

broke my oil pressure sending unit. like said above check your connections but the high revs sound like a vacumm leak,.......when i did mine (couple days ago) I first started it and it acted like it wanted to die......it was a plug that wasnt connected to one of the injectors. lol. I was pissed then embarrassed that I didnt notice that I forgot to reconnect a simple plug. Make sure you have everything connected, and you dont have a vacumm leak.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

thx ya im gunna pull it off and check it out again. I got myself in over my head I may have hooked something up wrong.

Thread Information