Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

paceseter long tube headers installation

i am looking for some headers and im thinking about buying the pacesetter long tube headers. what is the diffrence between the short tube and long tube? will the long tubes hook up to the stock converters or will i have to go without them? (which would be illegal)
    please help

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by adham
    i am looking for some headers and im thinking about buying the pacesetter long tube headers. what is the diffrence between the short tube and long tube? will the long tubes hook up to the stock converters or will i have to go without them? (which would be illegal)
    please help

Shorties will be stock length, and just flow a little better than stock, with the stock location for the cats. It will have a stock range exhaust pulse. IMO A waste of money and labor.

Long tubes will flow a lot better than stock, have longer primaries for a longer exhaust pulse. You will not be able to use the stock cats without fabrication, better to go with a catted y-pipe (with high flow cats) for the Pacesetters from TSP.

Long Tubes are generally not emissions legal even if catted. The Pacesetters on our Camaro went on painlessly (did not have to dissassemble the steering linkage or lift the engine). Just fyi, we are running an ORY with the Long Tubes in CA.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Adham- Usually longer headers improve low speed torque. Usually the lenght is betwwen 32 and 36 inches.Picking the right headers is actually something to think about. Inside pipe diameter is far more important to ultimate engine power than pipe length. Smaller IS diameter header pipes increase gas speed at low rpm which effectivly evacuate the chamber at low speeds, improved low speed torque. But resriction at high speeds. Large diameter pipes tend to be lazy at lower engine speeds . lower exaust speeds allows portion of exaust gases to remain in chamber.-- Cant burn it twice so it contaminates incoming a/f charge.I personally do not know if they will hook up. I gurantee someone here does.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

thanks for the help!!

Thread Information