Thread: Z06 Maf

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Z06 Maf

Bought it on Ebay - it is the de-screened one out of a 2002 LS6 car with 15k on it. I need it because I intend to run a dry shot at some point and you can't do that through the screen, but how do I account for the 3 wires I'm set up for currently not being 5 wires that this new sensor will require? I think it comes with a plug - should I just splice my IAT sensor in with it and use that hole to run my n2o?

Anyway, long story short: 5 wire maf, swappin it in in place of the 3 wire, anybody done this?

Also, I have HPTuners so I can tune the MAF.. and my stock VE table is pretty much spot-on so I feel that it will be relatively easy to tune this new one but it does come without a screen so that could be a bit of a drag down the line.

why would you wanna spray a wet-kit upstream of the MAF sensor, drill n tap behind the throttle-plates and be done with it....only dry-kits require spraying before the MAF sensor..
    There's a reason GM put that screen in the MAf sensor, to smooth out the air-flow for a more accurate reading, removing the screen hurts performance...
    Last edited by Olde Skoole; 12-06-2007 at 08:06 AM.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

dry shot

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Olde Skoole View Post
    why would you wanna spray a wet-kit upstream of the MAF sensor, drill n tap behind the throttle-plates and be done with it....only dry-kits require spraying before the MAF sensor..
    There's a reason GM put that screen in the MAf sensor, to smooth out the air-flow for a more accurate reading, removing the screen hurts performance...
    and this sensor is screenless from the factory, maybe it is designed a little different. I think it is 85mm instead of 75mm, for one thing

do a search for "cas108100"....
    i'd post a link but "pace performance" is not a site sponsor.
    the pigtail costs $20.58

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

killer

Austin huh, I'm just down the street in San Antonio.....cya

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

wow cool

i got it plugged in and added 3% to the stock '02 Z06 table with HPTuners - it now hits almost 40 where the old MAF with a very similar calibration would only get up to 34.5!!

i'm stock with lid, tb bypass, sfc's and electric cutout... other than that, just hptuners - and this maf alone seems to be a very significant upgrade.

there a track open in SA? i'd like to check the new performance hehe and it'd be pretty fun to have a little ls1 gtg, a friend of mine just bought a 2000 model M6 WS-6 and he lives in SA too.
    Last edited by richard head; 12-10-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Thread Information