The Rookie

Pacesetter Headers PRE-Report Not bad??

Some of you may remember a previous post of mine. There were some people that were wondering what the actual HP increase would be by adding Long tube Headers to the vehicle and I said I was about to put Pacesetters on my car and I would have before and after numbers done to find out...

So today I did the pre test Dyno on my 02 SS. I have to give this shop some Props they were a great bunch of guys. The name of the shop is Conley's Performance Plus in Humble, Texas. They Have a Mustang Dynamometer which I wasn't too happy about, cause the generally give you lower numbers. He ran the car two times and came to me and said, "You have a Wednesday built car". I had never heard that saying before. He told me that it meant that it was a strong car. Monday and Tuesday cars are slower cause the Union guys were still drunk from the weekend and Thursday and Friday cars are bad because the Union guys are tired of working at the end of the week.

This is what my car ran....
    1st run was 315.15 HP and 320.94 TQ. Wow I thought that was great for a mustang Dyno.
    2nd run was 326.31 HP ! ! and 333.97 TQ ! !

Tell me if I am wrong guys, but that is pretty strong for a Mustang Dyno isn't it? Maybe I have one of those freaks I have always heard about? My headers are on back order and should be here in about a week. I will post up after I have them installed and have it tuned to let you know what i unleashed with my toy.

oh and for those of you wondering read the description below for my current mods.. not much
    Last edited by The Rookie; 03-21-2006 at 12:25 PM.

white
    2001 z28

those are some nice numbers you are pulling for almost completly stock

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    Some of you may remember a previous post of mine. There were some people that were wondering what the actual HP increase would be by adding Long tube Headers to the vehicle and I said I was about to put Pacesetters on my car and I would have before and after numbers done to find out...

So today I did the pre test Dyno on my 02 SS. I have to give this shop some Props they were a great bunch of guys. The name of the shop is Conley's Performance Plus in Humble, Texas. They Have a Mustang Dynamometer which I wasn't too happy about, cause the generally give you lower numbers. He ran the car two times and came to me and said, "You have a Wednesday built car". I had never heard that saying before. He told me that it meant that it was a strong car. Monday and Tuesday cars are slower cause the Union guys were still drunk from the weekend and Thursday and Friday cars are bad because the Union guys are tired of working at the end of the week.

This is what my car ran....
    1st run was 315.15 TQ and 320.94 TQ. Wow I thought that was great for a mustang Dyno.
    2nd run was 326.31 TQ ! ! and 333.97 TQ ! !

Tell me if I am wrong guys, but that is pretty strong for a Mustang Dyno isn't it? Maybe I have one of those freaks I have always heard about? My headers are on back order and should be here in about a week. I will post up after I have them installed and have it tuned to let you know what i unleashed with my toy.

oh and for those of you wondering read the description below for my current mods.. not much

Their dyno must be setup to correlate with a dyno jet. 326/333 on a dyno jet would be good for those mods.

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOW346
    Their dyno must be setup to correlate with a dyno jet. 326/333 on a dyno jet would be good for those mods.
    ok thanks... I guess
    I will keep all of you posted on the numbers after the tune and headers.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    ok thanks... I guess
    I will keep all of you posted on the numbers after the tune and headers.

Please do! Maybe you can put to rest that thread about longtubes not making 20 rwhp.

The Rookie
    Guess what I finally got in! My PaceSetter LT's Came today!

I am putting them on this weekend. I will then try to get it to the Dyno next week for the Tune, the HP and TQ numbers. Stay tuned... we will see what the headers really add performance wise to the car..

white
    2001 z28

My friend in his 98 just got his pace lt headers and true duals put on yesterday . Sounds great ,makes me want to go out and spend some more money lol

Black
    1998 Trans am

Hey,
    Be nice to us union guys, we're not that bad, or you wouldnt have such a great car.
    Great numbers and nice car.
    John

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 98ls1blackbird
    Hey,
    Be nice to us union guys, we're not that bad, or you wouldnt have such a great car.
    Great numbers and nice car.
    John
    Thanks for building mine on a Wed!!

I'm originally from Michigan. I know about you union fellas. Grandfather worked at Pontiac Fisherbody as well as my father, his older brother and wife and his younger brother as well. On my mom's side Her older sister and younger brother worked for Truck and Bus. I was born at Pontiac General Hospital and lived till I was 14 in Pontiac, which at 75 and Baldwin, later became Auburn Hills.

Black
    1998 Trans am

I'm quite familiar with that area, went there several times for training on Fanuc robotics. Used to stay at the H.I. halfway between the Silverdome and the Palace.
    I worked at the Grand Rapids metal plant in skilled trades. Glad youre happy with your F bod and hope everyone else is too. I love my two. See ya.
    John

The Rookie
    Man, I can't wait they are going on tomorrow!!! Sorry for the lame post just excited about finally getting some headers on the car! Anything or tricks I should know before putting them on this weekend? I already bought the stock Gaskets from the local GM dealership. Hell with those lousy looking paper ones.

iburhucklebery
    Could see if you could get a sound clip of it as well?

The Rookie
    I'll see what I can do.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

I just did mine, here's a little advice.

Give yourself PLENTY of time to do it. Start as early in the day as is reasonable, so you will have time to get everything together and then iron out any wrinkles (i.e. anything that's tapping/banging/jingling that needs to be adjusted).
    Second, get a 10mm gear wrench. It will save a lot of frustration, especially on the back header bolts.
    Third, don't worry about shearing off the bolts holding the y-pipe to the header on the passenger side. My buddy and I sheared off all 3.
    Fourth: My dipstick tube was a PIA, but as long as you have the mounting tab bolt out, if you just pull and wiggle enough, it will come out.
    Fifth: Have some wood boards handy (2x4's). They are good for hitting stuff into place (banging the Y-Pipe into the I-pipe), as they won't bend the metal.

Other than that, my install was pretty straightforward. I would reccomend starting the car with open headers just so you can here what an uncapped LS1 motor sounds like. Good luck!

black
    2000 WS.6

are they on yet? i put mine on a week ago...went alright...incase you havnt started putting them on yet. i'll let you know i put mine in w/o having to remove anything extra. i had to bend the floorboard from underneath the car just a little on the drivers side. the passenger side slid right in with ease. keep us updated on how it went...
    [B]coated longtubes, offroad Y, SLP LM,, 18x10 rebels, pro kit, spec 3 clutch... B]
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...100_412033.jpg

Thread Information