2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

On my way to work...

Ok, so there's a guy who lives less than a block from my grandmother-in-law, he owns a fox body. Every other day or so, I'd be at the house, and he'd drive by all crazy and stare at my car...I knew one day he'd get beside me and wanna go... he blew his motor or something, and was working on it for a while (you could hear him priming the motor every two seconds in his garage).

So anyway, I passed him this morning, and gave a little rev. The crazy bastard pulls a huge U-turn in the middle of main street and catches up. He puts his hand up and motions for a bet. I shake my head, I've got my pregnant wife with me, and I don't function well that early in the morning. So I keep driving, ignoring him, and he speeds ahead (ooo wow, I'm totally impressed...dick). So my wife says, " Just get it over with, we're running late anyway." My kinda wife. So I caught back up, and he does the bet motion again....I shook my head no again...as I dropped to first. He drops as well. We take off, and I smoke the living shit out of his bald, drooping cigarrette, redneck bad paint shitty hood scoop, horrible engine building, Prostar drag radial wearing ass from start to finish....with his buddy in the passenger seat. He then does some pissed off ricer fly-by as I'm slowing down, after I put bus lengths on him....next time I guess I'll have to take his money.

I've got some buddies that would show him what a real engine builder can do to a fox body....most of them run 10's or better...the one reason I thought maybe I'd lose money, because you never know what's under the hood...
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 08-25-2008 at 08:15 AM.

black
    2002 trans am ws6

very nice some people never learn

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    very nice some people never learn
    The bad part is I'll probably never shake this guy....he'll go back in the garage, fiddle with his carb, and think he fixed it and added a hundred or so horsepower, then want to go again...then he'll throw a rod, get another engine, screw it's tuning all up, priming it for no reason other than to get off on the sound and roasting his eyebrows, put it back in the car, and think he is the drag racing god again, and come back for more....

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

black
    2002 trans am ws6

kinda like a stray dog one you feed it its yours

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    kinda like a stray dog one you feed it its yours
    You know, he kind of resembled a rottweiler (sp?)

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Wow awesome kill dude lol.

What are your mods?

on day ill find a fox thats going kill me bad...havent found it yet lol

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Ok, so there's a guy who lives less than a block from my grandmother-in-law, he owns a fox body. Every other day or so, I'd be at the house, and he'd drive by all crazy and stare at my car...I knew one day he'd get beside me and wanna go... he blew his motor or something, and was working on it for a while (you could hear him priming the motor every two seconds in his garage).

So anyway, I passed him this morning, and gave a little rev. The crazy bastard pulls a huge U-turn in the middle of main street and catches up. He puts his hand up and motions for a bet. I shake my head, I've got my pregnant wife with me, and I don't function well that early in the morning. So I keep driving, ignoring him, and he speeds ahead (ooo wow, I'm totally impressed...dick). So my wife says, " Just get it over with, we're running late anyway." My kinda wife. So I caught back up, and he does the bet motion again....I shook my head no again...as I dropped to first. He drops as well. We take off, and I smoke the living shit out of his bald, drooping cigarrette, redneck bad paint shitty hood scoop, horrible engine building, Prostar drag radial wearing ass from start to finish....with his buddy in the passenger seat. He then does some pissed off ricer fly-by as I'm slowing down, after I put bus lengths on him....next time I guess I'll have to take his money.

I've got some buddies that would show him what a real engine builder can do to a fox body....most of them run 10's or better...the one reason I thought maybe I'd lose money, because you never know what's under the hood...
    Your pregnant wife is with you and your racing? I'm sorry but your a complete dumbass for doing that.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Your pregnant wife is with you and your racing? I'm sorry but your a complete dumbass for doing that.
    Had she not told me to I wouldn't have. And we didn't even get over 70, that's how bad I beat him. Bus lengths at 70....

And yes, I was still a complete dumbass for listening to her. When you're right, you're right

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Had she not told me to I wouldn't have. And we didn't even get over 70, that's how bad I beat him. Bus lengths at 70....

And yes, I was still a complete dumbass for listening to her. When you're right, you're right
    Still looking at your child, you wouldn't want to harm he/she. And congrats btw. What's your mods? You must have quite a bit done if you put buslengths by 70 even on a "stock" fox.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Still looking at your child, you wouldn't want to harm he/she. And congrats btw. What's your mods? You must have quite a bit done if you put buslengths by 70 even on a "stock" fox.
    True that. I did feel some remorse for doing it, only because she was in the car. Thanks, this is boy #2. And no, I NEVER race with my son in the car, and should give my second son the same respect.

All I have are LT's and ORY, lid and K&N, and an LS7 clutch kit. I have no idea, unless he forgot his driver mod, how I put that many lengths on him, I could hear his exhaust over mine, and he was on it, he just has to be a really sucky builder, or had nothing to put it to the ground (tranny, rear, etc.). I just hate that he was so cocky, could care less if he had 1000 hp, it felt good to put him in his place (and equally bad that she was in the car. I know, I know!! My conscience already got me )

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

True that. I did feel some remorse for doing it, only because she was in the car. Thanks, this is boy #2. And no, I NEVER race with my son in the car, and should give my second son the same respect.

All I have are LT's and ORY, lid and K&N, and an LS7 clutch kit. I have no idea, unless he forgot his driver mod, how I put that many lengths on him, I could hear his exhaust over mine, and he was on it, he just has to be a really sucky builder, or had nothing to put it to the ground (tranny, rear, etc.). I just hate that he was so cocky, could care less if he had 1000 hp, it felt good to put him in his place (and equally bad that she was in the car. I know, I know!! My conscience already got me )
    Lol , nice win btw. I know the feeling of getting someone like that.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Good kill on the fox. Sounds like the guy didn't do a good job putting the car together or its really badly tuned.

One of the problems with the 5.0 aftermarket being so big is that people often mismatch parts: A high rpm, big c.i. intake or carb, and gigantic heads, with a lopey cam is actually a bad idea on a low reving otherwise stock 302 is actually a bad idea. By the time the car comes to life at 4500 rpm, they're out of rpm and the race is already over.

If preggo wanted you to run him, then good for her. I'll bet she enjoyed the run, too. No harm no foul. A quick blast to 70mph is not much of a risk.

Chris

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Good kill on the fox. Sounds like the guy didn't do a good job putting the car together or its really badly tuned.

One of the problems with the 5.0 aftermarket being so big is that people often mismatch parts: A high rpm, big c.i. intake or carb, and gigantic heads, with a lopey cam is actually a bad idea on a low reving otherwise stock 302 is actually a bad idea. By the time the car comes to life at 4500 rpm, they're out of rpm and the race is already over.

If preggo wanted you to run him, then good for her. I'll bet she enjoyed the run, too. No harm no foul. A quick blast to 70mph is not much of a risk.

Chris
    Yeah, I was talking to a buddy of mine who builds NICE fox bodies, the last one of which ran a 9.17 @ 16x the last time I saw him (he called it a slow night ). He told me he's seen the guy's car, it's trash...he had no further comment lol.

She was pissed at me this morning, because I wouldn't drive more than 10 over speed limit to get her to work...on the way home she'll gripe at me for speeding 5 over...pregnant women....

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

You can't win for losing! Way to crush that guy, maybe he will cool it a bit until he gets his setup dialed in? If he keeps bothering you for a rematch, just say, "if I buy you a case of PBR, will you leave me alone?" Who am I kidding, you won't be able to get rid of him until you let him win. Gotta be on the lookout though, a POS Fox could be fast as stink.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    You can't win for losing! Way to crush that guy, maybe he will cool it a bit until he gets his setup dialed in? If he keeps bothering you for a rematch, just say, "if I buy you a case of PBR, will you leave me alone?" Who am I kidding, you won't be able to get rid of him until you let him win. Gotta be on the lookout though, a POS Fox could be fast as stink.

I'm used to it. This is the second round as far as pregnancy, and I pretty well just ignore her when she gets like that. Yeah, my friend that I talked to said the guy's a nutcase, and would probably rather go for a case of meth... I can usually tell by the sound of the car whether it's going to be fast or not, but this guy fooled me...I thought he would win, it sounded great...which makes me think it's more of a tranny/tune/rear problem than the engine itself...couldn't have been tire spin, he was running a new looking set of drag radials on Prostars... I've got my heavy ass ZR-1's with all season tires...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Hey Y2kArticSS I will let you take a run at this Z...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Hey Y2kArticSS I will let you take a run at this Z...
    Anytime, anywhere. I've got nothing against losing to another Camaro, even losing horribly by train lengths....

How about I take a run at buying your Z ...........

Thread Information