blue/white
    2001ws6

ses light need help

i have 2001 ws6 ses light came on got code p3503 primary/secondary circuy malfunction cil c #3cylendar i replaced plugs wires coil still same code light will come and go as it pleases was told could be a short between ign/pcm i dont know where the hell to start so many wires please help.

Can you double check the code? Can't find P3503.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

there cant be such a code as p3503, it has to start with P0 or P1...just how the obd 2 code structure works... 500 codes are generally vehicle speed/idle control codes... 03 would indicate cylinder 3 for sure...P1 is manufacture specific, P0 is OBD2 standard. Let me know which one it is and ill look into it a little bit tommro for you, i have acess to all data and ill see if I can pull up the flow chart and diag. procedure

blue/white
    2001ws6

my bad its po353 coil c #3 cylendar but what i dont get i reset the light it stayed off for a month then it came back on. every time it comes on same code.but the car runs great.except a little rough in 5th gear crusin.

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

p0353 is a missfire code but im not sure what the 5 is, ill check it out tommro and let ya know what i figure out, could be an intermitten fault (sometimes a wire will get jared and open for a second, it can throw the code) Ill try and get a wiring diagram too so mabey you can trace the problem. Ill also asked my instuctor and see what he thinks, hes pretty quick on GM stuff. Let ya know something tommro evening hopefully.

blue/white
    2001ws6

how do i tell if i have a bad injector could that throw that code.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Found some info that might be of some help.

Sent it in a PM.

Good Luck

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

ok so heres what ive come up with. Seems to me like i said, intermitten problem. I would check the coil circuit for an open or a short... it should be a light blue (circuit 2123) wire on the power side and a black wire on the ground (circuit 550). For starters just check the connector for one of these wires being loose. (dont hold me to this but i believe the ground might be internal and there may not be a black wire, my diagram wasnt to clear about that and i havent had a chance to look at my car) If you cant find anything on the visual check I would say the next best thing is check voltage at the light blue wire.... it should be getting a 5 volt refrence from the pcm but again the diagram isnt that great (all data sucks). If your not to farmillar with this type of stuff though id take it to the dealer and let them look at it. Best not to keep throwing parts at it though as it usually wont fix a problem like this...my guess is its in your wiring.

Im trying to get my scanner to work so i can send you the diagram and the flow chart i got. Hope what i told you helps you with the problem, good luck man.

blue/white
    2001ws6

thanks im going to check it out right now. any other info would be great.thanks alot.

blue/white
    2001ws6

ok i just pulled out the plug to the #3 coil there is a light blue wire there is also a black ground. the blue prong is tight but the black prong is loose as a goose.i also pulled the #1 coil plug to compare to #3S WIRES AND THE BLACK WIRE ON #3S PLUG IS REALLY LOOSE compared to #1s is tight so it could be the plug or just the ground i dont know how to fix that prong the factory has those wires really tight fit i might have to get a new plug what do you think.

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Your best bet is probley take it to the dealer and have them replace the connector, shouldnt be more that 50 in parts and labor...depends on labor rates around you i guess. Im not really sure myself how you would go about reparing a loose connector. glad I could help you locate it though.

blue/white
    2001ws6

thanks alot iam greatful.

Thread Information