Smile typical problems

i'm wanting to buy a trans am and i want to know some of the typical problems with a 02 trans am?

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

probablly window motors, headlight motors, cracks in the door panels, usually the speakers dont last too long, and the rotors warp pretty easily, thats all i can think of

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Don't forget broken A/C knobs and leaky T-tops if ya have em, and sticky clutch problems.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

F-Bodies don't have that much in the way of problems, minus trivial shit like what you were reading by the above posters. I have actually had no clutch issues but that is on 01 and 02 models (they got the Z06 clutch).

Don't obsess over the problems anyways! Pros of owning an F-body? How about having one of the faster cars on the road, with the potential to become a rolling thunderstorm of power for either road racing or drag racing. Or how about one of the most comfortable(for the driver) put you back in your seat driving experiences you may ever have, with the potential to only get better as you upgrade? How about having one of the best looking, most defined cars on the road? Let's not also forget that the F in F-body stands for female body, which it will get you a lot of if you play your cards right!!

Good luck on your decision.

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

yeah my driver side motor on my window went out the first month I bought my car lol it's ok though minor things like don't bother me or I wouldn't have bought a sports car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

LOL...i don't sweat the petty stuff. I have to laugh though because ever since I've had my car, every time someone encounters a problem with their car I end up having the same issue. Some get one here and one there, but I seem to get them all. I wouldn't change it for the world though. I love my car to death. Just one of the cons of owning one of the fastest, sexiest cars on the road.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Oh, the clutch issue? I own an '02. My clutch has been sticking for about a year. Plan on doing the drill mod to see if that works.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by NvyBluMtlc02WS6 View Post
    LOL...i don't sweat the petty stuff.
    yea i dont pet the sweaty stuf either shit i meant i dont sweat the the petty stuff... lol

thanks thats kinda what i wanted to here! those little things can add up but everything except a clutch seems pretty cheap? when you say sticky clutch you mean when you push it in it still kinda grabs? if the clutch were to go out what would u guys replace it with and whats that cost?

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

window motor ran me 70 bucks + the mechanics time

ouch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

the clutch will grab, but there is just no pressure in the pedal. after i pump it a few times the pressure will build back up. for instance, if i'm sitting at a red light and hold the clutch pedal down for a minute or two and and let up, it will stay to the floor or come back up with no pressure almost like it's slipping. i just barely take my foot off the pedal and the car is jumping. i usually just put my car in neutral at red lights and pump the clutch to build up the pressure. under normal driving it's fine. bumper to bumper traffic it's horrible though since you have to ride the clutch in first gear. keep in mind i have an '02 WS6 with the Z06 clutch and i am operating under stock hp. no mods except a lid and my clutch was acting up before i put that on. i'm hoping it's just air in the lines. there is a mod you can do to the clutch line wherein you drill out a small plastic restrictor that gm put in the line for some reason or another. gonna try that, but i need to find someone that's a little more skilled than me to do it.

Thread Information