black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Headers on finally..

I've finally got me headers on.. thanks to everyone that helped.. i never realized how louddd they are.. but now i need to connect them.. i need a custom y pipe cause i bought XS headers. I figure i need atleast one cat.. cause lt headers-ory-flowmaster catback is gonna be too loud for the cops right. i want cut outs though.. Could i fit 2 cut outs behind the headers into one highflow cat then to my cat back? Or does anyone else suggest a different set up? Thank you

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

you got the EBAY headers. good choice. i have the same. I also got off EBAY a 2-piece Pacesetter y-pipe and had a local shop modify the ORY as necessary to make it fit. that is what i suggest. as for the loudness/sound of your car, that is up to your personal tastes, not others to decide for you...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

well im just wondering if you think an ory into my flowmasters would still be too loud for the cops.. beause i live around too many people that will call the police and say im disturbing their peace... which is kinda cool at the same time lol

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Hook everything up and find out. My system actually got quieter with the addition of longtubes. I had a flowmaster catback that came with the car and it sounded damn good by itself. So I figured that it would sound real aggressive with the addition of LT's. But I was sadly mistaken. I first started it up and I could barely hear it. I was so pissed. That's why I am getting a new catback this spring.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

so your saying the switch from exhaust manifolds-catted y- flowmaster isn't going to be that much different from lt headers-ory-flowmaster... ? i feel like the absence of cats are gonna dramaticaly increase the sound..

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28LS1 View Post
    so your saying the switch from exhaust manifolds-catted y- flowmaster isn't going to be that much different from lt headers-ory-flowmaster... ? i feel like the absence of cats are gonna dramaticaly increase the sound..
    No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that's what happened to me. You won't know until you hook everything up and hear it for yourself. And cats don't make much of a difference as far as sound. You're new setup may sound mean as hell. I was just saying that it may sound different than what you expect, maybe softer, maybe louder.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I run pretty much the same setup you have except different headers. I have pacesetters into a catless Y with a flowmaster catback with a cutout in the intermediate pipe. It's not to loud. I wouldn't sweat it. It's definitely louder than a Y with cats but you won't get tickets over it. Just don't drop revs in the neighborhood and you'll be alright. Now open up the cutout and that's a different story. It'll damn near knock windows out.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

haha that's what i wanted to hear. Hopefully it'll be that way, so im just going to go get the ory and test it, i can always weld in a cat later if i need to. Thanks everyone

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro SS

Id like to know how the ebay headers work out.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

best set of LT's you can get for the price, under $350. I have them on my car. IMO the best way to go, screw the whinning about no y-pipe fitting them and just get a 2-piece Pacesetter y-pipe and modify it to fit. it's that easy. click on the link on my sig...

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I have to agree, the XS headers are a great deal. They fit nice too, installed them myself.. and the help of everyone on ls1.com.. and you can't beat stainless steel. and the whole y pipe issue,... i'm going to a shop thats giving me a good deal for a custom y around 200. the only thing is you also don't get o2 sensors, extentions, header bolts, gaskets etc. that come in most header kits, so you'll have to buy them seperately and add in the prices.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

actually, you're not missing anything by not getting that stuff. I went to a dealership and bought OEM gaskets and some people reuse their old gaskets. You'd also be ahead of the ballgame to just buy some bosch 13111 O2's and I also used stage 8 bolts.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

I got the OBX off ebay they are so nice you get all gaskets off road Y ,2 cats look a likes, and it is all stainless steel. Life time warranty. They were so ezey to put on 3 hours. Also sound great. 499.00 35.00 shipping. Very highly recommend. I'll try to get you guys some pic of them on my car.

Sunset Orange
    2002 Camaro SS

What are the new bosch 13111 O2's for? and get use some pics of the OBX's.

Thread Information