Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Q for the cops on board

well so you guys no what im talking about allot of the cops in my state have these black vanity plates with a blue strip going across the middle on the front of thier personal vehicles and sometimes their spouse's vehicle too. now im pretty sure there not any sort of official RMV issued plate thier just a VIP pass for those in the loop. I've seen a car get pulled over right infront of the gas station i was filling up at before and while one cop went to the window his partner walked around out front, looked down and saw the plate and told his partner who was just starting to get her info that 'shes all set'. so anyways, hypotheticaly.. lets say I acquired one of these plates, where would I stand legally if I had one on my car? keep in mind im pretty sure their not anything official and im not talking about putting it on my camaro, cause I know they'd know its bullshit.. but lets say i put it on my DD suv that doesnt raise any eye brows, do you think it would be a good pull over pass or do you think I would more likley get pulled over so they can check out if its legit? and what could the possible consequences be for possesing an un-official cop pass?

1966 Corvette Coupe

I ask an xcop this about a week ago... (plz remeber this guy is like all about how cops are great and kings of the world)

The vanity plates and sticker (arkansas's happen to be black and blue with a black A on them) do signify that you are a cop...

Back in the perfect world... a cop would know that it was a cop in the car by that sticker... and in his words it would "alert the officer that their might be a gun in the car"... total bs in my opinion... if you are nervous about cops having guns, something is wrong here...

we all actually know its so they can give thier buddy a break...

Now what if your caught with one... Well in reality HE said... you could be charged with impersinating an officer... (now dont get me wrong i looked at him like he was a dumb fuck, because i thought impersinating and officer was like impersinating the actions of an officer... not appearing to be one (ppl drinve surplus cop cars all around town)... i mean he said just putting on a toy badge was a crime...)

sorry thats all i know to tell you... im prolly gonna get one... i mean if a $3 sticker saves me from $300 worth of fines... more power to the lil sticker... and if i get caught ill just say it was on there and i didnt know what it meant and i ust didnt bother taking it off... i mean seriously can he charge me with anything or make me take it off?

-me

Quote Originally Posted by pocheasy View Post
    well so you guys no what im talking about allot of the cops in my state have these black vanity plates with a blue strip going across the middle on the front of thier personal vehicles and sometimes their spouse's vehicle too. now im pretty sure there not any sort of official RMV issued plate thier just a VIP pass for those in the loop. I've seen a car get pulled over right infront of the gas station i was filling up at before and while one cop went to the window his partner walked around out front, looked down and saw the plate and told his partner who was just starting to get her info that 'shes all set'. so anyways, hypotheticaly.. lets say I acquired one of these plates, where would I stand legally if I had one on my car? keep in mind im pretty sure their not anything official and im not talking about putting it on my camaro, cause I know they'd know its bullshit.. but lets say i put it on my DD suv that doesnt raise any eye brows, do you think it would be a good pull over pass or do you think I would more likley get pulled over so they can check out if its legit? and what could the possible consequences be for possesing an un-official cop pass?
    They will know you are not.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

they can run the plate number and see that you're not a cop

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    im prolly gonna get one... i mean if a $3 sticker saves me from $300 worth of fines... more power to the lil sticker... and if i get caught ill just say it was on there and i didnt know what it meant and i ust didnt bother taking it off... i mean seriously can he charge me with anything or make me take it off?

He might try to charge you with Bullshit in the First Degree.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Lawdog would drop kick you in the mouth.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Lawdog would drop kick you in the mouth.

all at the same time he will bang 5 super modles, wrestle 3 albino crocodiles, chew the fangs off of a king cobra, stop a nuclear missle launch, prevent global warming, and run for president...

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Ive wanted to know this as well..

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    they can run the plate number and see that you're not a cop

As stated, in a previous post...their families sport them as well. Whose to say that their sig. other isnt a cop?!

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

http://www.daily-tribune.com/NF/omf/...ey=0041549+cr=

Saw this today, and thought it might be applicable here - sorry if it is a repost.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    As stated, in a previous post...their families sport them as well. Whose to say that their sig. other isnt a cop?!
    true i guess, but there's probably somthing on the record verifying the plate they think of these things i'm sure

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    http://www.daily-tribune.com/NF/omf/...ey=0041549+cr=

Saw this today, and thought it might be applicable here - sorry if it is a repost.

taht is bullshit!!!!! f that cop. when hes off duty he is subject to the same as us

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I worked the road for 4 years before becoming a detective, and I never looked twice at those blue line decals or plates... c'mon, you can get them at flea markets. If you're a LEO, then you will have your credentials to show you're a LEO, if you have no credentials, then you have nothing.

I have never heard of any of my fellow officers giving anyone a break for having one of those on their car. We generally know another LEO because he or she will tell us who they are, and show ID with their license, thus showing not only they are a LEO, but also that there is a weapon in the car.

Long and short of it is... if you happen to like blue lines on black backgrounds, then enjoy. If you're trying to get out of a citation, don't count on that to do it; your best hope for getting out of a citation is to be nice, own up to what you did, and cross your fingers the guy or gal is not assigned to a traffic unit (they don't know the meaning of "warning").

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BLK02TransAm View Post
    I worked the road for 4 years before becoming a detective, and I never looked twice at those blue line decals or plates... c'mon, you can get them at flea markets. If you're a LEO, then you will have your credentials to show you're a LEO, if you have no credentials, then you have nothing.

I have never heard of any of my fellow officers giving anyone a break for having one of those on their car. We generally know another LEO because he or she will tell us who they are, and show ID with their license, thus showing not only they are a LEO, but also that there is a weapon in the car.

Long and short of it is... if you happen to like blue lines on black backgrounds, then enjoy. If you're trying to get out of a citation, don't count on that to do it; your best hope for getting out of a citation is to be nice, own up to what you did, and cross your fingers the guy or gal is not assigned to a traffic unit (they don't know the meaning of "warning").

-Chris
    well they definatley take these plates and stickers for real around here. that car that got pulled over in front of the gas station is the only car w/ one on it ive ever seen get pulled over around here and it was def the plate the got the lady off the hook cause she didnt pull out anything but her licsense and registration that they didnt even bother to check out. and theres another lady I see all the time bombing through town w/ the plate and a sticker and the cops never look twice.
    so are these plates semi-official or something? do they come form the RMV of from police unions or somin? im surprised how widespread they are. i really dont see how they could charge you with impersonating an officer tho considering the plate isnt tagged 'official' or nothing.. and considering that having one doesnt give you the power to pull some one over.. and considering how I see their family members sporting these plates and stickers...

blue
    83 mustang 347

is it possible that it was the wife of an officer whom they knew? Some places pay attention to those things and some do not. Troopers however, don't care if you have Jesus as a hood ornament.
    *Melba Toast*
    Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packing right here. I've got four-eleven positrack out back. Seven-fifty double pumper. Edelbrock intake, bored over thirty, eleven to one pop up pistons. Turbo jet, three ninety horse power.We're talking some fucking muscle.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

The only real cop on LS1.com was lawdog and his supercop ways.

Black
    99 SS

around here there totally different, and they say official on the plates for officers personal cars. thats some bull shit, just a get out of jail free car

tater_salad
    It's called the "Thin Blue Line". It's all sorts of symbols into one. It means that the owner is either a LEO or family of LEO. It is also in memory of fallen LEO in the line of duty.

Firefighters have the same, but with a red stripe, the "Thin Red Line". EMS is a blue plate with a white line. People that "double-dip" have a black tag, with a split line, one half blue, one half red.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pocheasy View Post
    well they definatley take these plates and stickers for real around here. that car that got pulled over in front of the gas station is the only car w/ one on it ive ever seen get pulled over around here and it was def the plate the got the lady off the hook cause she didnt pull out anything but her licsense and registration that they didnt even bother to check out. and theres another lady I see all the time bombing through town w/ the plate and a sticker and the cops never look twice.
    so are these plates semi-official or something? do they come form the RMV of from police unions or somin? im surprised how widespread they are. i really dont see how they could charge you with impersonating an officer tho considering the plate isnt tagged 'official' or nothing.. and considering that having one doesnt give you the power to pull some one over.. and considering how I see their family members sporting these plates and stickers...
    I know some places have issued decals and things over the years, but the only "official" ones I've ever seen were numbered (don't know if the numbers were badge numbers of serial numbers), and they usually looked more like the jurisdiction's badge. Those blue line things are available all over the place, and are not official or semi-official to anyone.

The "thin blue line" decal/plate is supposed to represent the sacrifices made by officers and their families to live a lifestyle that involves work in law enforcement, but that was years age when the thing first started. There are also "thin red line" (fire/ems) decals and "thin silver line" (corrections, I think?) decals, as well. Nowadays, the decal really only means you spent $4.00 on a decal or $10.00 on a flimsy vanity plate. I see plenty of police officers' friends, family, fourth-cousins-twice-removed, neighbors, current- and ex-girlfriends, etc., etc., sporting these things. Dopers around here have also taken to putting the things on their cars... saw one just the other day on the rear bumper of a car driven by a guy I arrested two years ago for selling crack and carrying a pistol during the commission of a felony; I guess the perps love the irony of having those decals or their cars?

As for being told you could be charged with "impersonating" an officer, I can only tell you that would not fly in Georgia. Blue lights, vehicle markings, attempting traffic stops, that is impersonating. Wearing a uniform with police markings, presenting a badge as if you were P.D., or verbally identifying yourself as P.D., that would also be impersonating. Locked up for putting a decal on your car that can be bought at the 7/11? I'd call shenanigans on that, personally.

-C

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    if you are nervous about cops having guns, something is wrong here...

-me
    That scares the shit out of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information