Black
    2002 Firehawk

C6 Z06 wheels on an 02 Trans Am

Has anyone done this yet? I'm thinking about doing this depending upon whether or not they will clear the wilwood brakes I'm thinking about getting. I'm curious what it would look like on a trans am. They look amazing on the new Z06. any thoughts or photos??

silver
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Sounds cool, I dont see how it could look bad. Post pics if you do get em I'm curious too.
    2002 Trans Am WS6 408ci Stroker Motor
    150 Shot NOS Pacesetter Long Tubes
    Magnaflow Exhaust Eibach Prokit
    19x10 fronts, 19x11 back CCW Wheels
    (2) 12 Kicker Squares 1400watt Kicker 2 channel

Black
    2002 Firehawk

looks like I won't be getting them. They apparently (per the manufacturer) won't clear the wilwood brakes I want to install. It seems that virtually nothing clears these brakes (how odd).

black
    1996 mark VIII

They're 18/19 staggered, correct?

In that case, unless you have larger than a 13" rotor they should clear..

You think they might just be saying that 'in case' they won't clear?!?

Also, just have a new vette owner measure the inside diameter, and find the specs for overall for the new caliper.

That's too good of an idea to give up on I'd say.

They'd look sweet.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

not the rotor to worry about. it's the caliper itself hitting the wheel. wilwood caliper is shaped differently and larger. shape of the wheel spokes is the problem.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2002 Firehawk

seems like you are all correct. I seem to have become a wheel expert in the past several weeks of trying to make my littel project work. I found a dealer that had the Z06 replica wheels in stock. I was able to measure the 18x9's for the front. They will definately clear the wilwood brakes. They were designed to provide serious clearance for the new Z06 brakes which are massive 6-piston in front. My only concern now is how the offset will work on the car. Looks like it's going to work. That company (verde wheels or topline) is completing production on a 19x10 that I am looking to put on the rear. Unfortunately, the best offset I can get is 56mm which puts the wheels to far under the wheelwell. I'm looking at a 3/4" billet spacer with longer studs. I think it's going to work guys. The rear wheels are about 4-6 weeks out but will be available. The offsets for the front are 40mm and 50mm. The 40mm is borderline too far out. I may go with the 50mm and use a 1/4" spacer only if needed. The look I want is to have the tire right in line with the edge of the fender, front and rear. I love the way that looks.

black
    1996 mark VIII

Yep, I didn't even think about that. I notice on the vette's the calipers run close to the spokes as is. Regardless, it's not hard to correct offset. Wether you're shaving (which you can't do much of) ..or spacing with longer studs Its something that can be worked with 99% of the time.

Sounds like you got it all figured out.. I'm curious to see, also!

I say good luck and go for it! It's definately worth the money for the look it'll yield I think.

White
    1996 Camaro Base

I personally have done the 18" C6 Chrome Vette Wheel Package, With Kumho Ecsta MX Tires with 265/35/ZR18 And They Are Beautiful!! I suggest you look into those, I like the C6 Z06 Wheels, But C6 Look Better, Just My Opionion Though

Black
    2000 Formula

18x9.5 / 275's x 35 all 4

2000 Formula...Cold air intake,MAF,SLP bellows,SLP lid,K&N,Strut tower bar,Bilstein Shock and spring pkg,and exhaust.

red
    98 Trans Am

2005-2007 Five-Spoke GM wheel Z06

OK, I just bought a set of 2007 Z06 18 & 19 rims. I have 2 questions about fitment that I am really hoping some here has already solved, and can provide answers? So, I know its going to be tight, but here are my questions:
    1. HEIGHT CLEARANCE- I'm planning on buying a set of Strano springs to drop it back down a little once I get the larger diameter wheels/tires on there. Will the height clearance be good enough? I think that spring is about 1 1/4" drop, is that going to be to little, too much, just right? Not talking about aesthetics right now, just physical clearance.

2. OFFSET CLEARANCE- Any recommendations on spacer's? I've hear about 1" in the front? not sure about the rears, I know a few people had to do a bit of a 'BFH' mod on the rears to get clearance from rubbing.

The wheels are 2005-2007
    Five-Spoke GM wheel
    Polished Aluminum Finish.
    19x10 - 79mm offset.
    18x8.5 - 56mm offset.
    http://www.houseofwheelsonline.com/i...20wheel%20.jpg

Thank you for any and all help-

Thread Information