constant modder councelor hissin'98's Avatar

Black '98 Z/28 M6
    H/C/Turbo....why?

EGR and AIR delete

When I was swaping the heads and cam, I decided to yank all that crap off. My question is, would it change the idle characteristics and throttle response at all without being programed out of the computer? It idles at 1k normal then it will drop to 500 or so and act like it will die then something "clicks" under the hood and comes back up to normal. It has terrible throttle reponse. I kinda also sounds like it missing and I get a mild vibration maybe because of it around 2500. The cam is a very mild cam from comp (222 .563) It has a previous tune from nelson performance set up for the turbo.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro

I removed both the EGR and the AIR from my 98 with no adverse effect other that a ses light.Neither of these should have any effect on your idle as long as you blocked them off correctly.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

You can pull the fuse for your air pump that way you won' hear it kick on unless you pulled the pump to. Make sure the egr is blocked off.

constant modder councelor hissin'98's Avatar

Black '98 Z/28 M6
    H/C/Turbo....why?

Yes, i pulled it all off and made some block off plates for the manifolds. The aluminum intake has a built block off plate that came with it. I think it's just a matter of timing. It definetly sounds retarded a bit and kinda has a pop in the exhaust note.

chrisj6
    What tuning software do you have? In Hptuners go to the engine general section, set EGR to "disable" and both enable and disable diag speeds to "0", set the AIR disable ECT to "0".

After that go to the airflow section and 0 out the EGR airflow table and set the filter coefficient to 0, then head over to the spark section and 0 out the EGR timing adder.

That should take care of it, you will also need to set all the EGR and AIR codes to "no error reported."

Chris

Thread Information