BF2 players question

I just started playin Battlefield 2 online and I have a question, how are the level up's done? I really want to unlock weapons but it seems to be taking forever to level up. Is it based on the number of kills, or amount of time played, or number of missions won? Also, is there a way to level or unlock in singleplayer or just multiplayer?

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

you're ranked among how many points you acquire in game. The point system if fairly straightforward: kill the enemy, capture more control points, and don't kill any friendlies. Your points instantly calculate into your rank. As you rank higher, you're given weapon unlocks, which you will choose, of course, based on whichever class you choose. Hope that helps.

Oh. These points don't count towards your score if you're in a nonranked server. You can either choose to play in them by noticing the rank symbol (chevron), or by filtering the server list so that only ranked servers show up. It's best to practice in non-ranking servers if you have no experience with fps games. Otherwise, rank it up!

And, no, ranking isn't available in singleplayer. I don't even think you can use unlocked weapons in single player either.

Another thing, If you want to level up very quickly. Play a small congested map like Strike at Karkland as a medic. Revivals will level you up very quickly, and the weapon unlocks for medics are sick. You can eventually unlock the anti-vehicle m95 sniper, and a more accurate one too.
    Last edited by NdrSiege; 04-02-2007 at 03:59 PM.

lolol if i werent drunk id be rather angry... i must have put 5 good hours in a nonranked server cause i didnt go up a fuckin bit.

do you have to gain points in the class you want to expand? i.e. can i level up in medic to get a sniper unlock or will the points stay in the medic category?

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

Point distribution isn't given to the player's class, it's just given to the player. So getting points as a medic is the same as getting points as spec ops. Once you rank up, you get to choose any weapon unlock (i'm not sure if you get the unlock right away, it might be 2 ranks up).

The easiest way I acquire points is by being a medic, hopping in a tank, or a chopper. Jets are useful if you do your job and clear the skies, and if you know how to drop your bombs. You can cap flags with the JSF too .

If all else fails, choose spec ops, throw a few c4 on your hummer's front bumper, and ram into their tanks and apcs.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

planetside is better

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

so is quake wars enemy territory , but they're not modern combat

Black
    1999 Trans am

BF2 rocks, ever wanna join in on playing man let me know

Riddic LS1 on AIM

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

I would love to join up with y'all, but something in my pc blew, and the only game I can play on my Mac is WoW, that takes up all my free time now.

I love the graphics and I love the models, but I HATE the fact that other then the controls, you cant change ANYTHING in the game... single player that is. Cant modify kits, or levels, set rules or options, etc. And my GOD its so arcady as far as hit detection and required hits to kill! i guess i'm used to rainbow six games where PHYSICS is used a .308 winchester to the chest will put you down, even if you have a vest on. You seem to be able to plink people with the m24 and nothing happens unless its a headshot... and its range seems to be nonexistant!

Thread Information