Thread: need help

red
    99 Trans Am

Question need help

I have a 99 Trans am, auto with a 3500 stall tci, long tube headers, and texas speed true daul e-pipe, with the the stock rear 3.23 and 275/60x15 and i have the torque management off, i have the hptuner program for it but dont really know what to do and dont want to hurt the motor or anything like that so i havent touched it and im running 12.50's as do right now if anyone could help get me down to 11.90's or 12.0s with what have now i would appreciate the help greatly
    Thanks Erik

White
    1999 Camaro Z28 Conv.

You need to do some dyno tuning to see how close your tune is.

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Eriks99Transam View Post
    I have a 99 Trans am, auto with a 3500 stall tci, long tube headers, and texas speed true daul e-pipe, with the the stock rear 3.23 and 275/60x15 and i have the torque management off, i have the hptuner program for it but dont really know what to do and dont want to hurt the motor or anything like that so i havent touched it and im running 12.50's as do right now if anyone could help get me down to 11.90's or 12.0s with what have now i would appreciate the help greatly
    Thanks Erik
    You need to use the scanner feature on HPTuners to record all the vitals then make your changes to AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio), Timing tables, shift speeds, shift pressure, shift rpm, converter lockup, fan temps, Power Enrichment, IAT timing retard, etc. You don.t need to scan or tune on a dyno, you can do it on the street. As a matter of fact, tuning on the wrong dyno will net a tune that is wrong for the street, but that is a whole different topic.

Just about any parameter that is computer controlled can be tweaked with HPTuners. It is a very powerful tool, kind of like a gun, if you aren't sure what you are doing, you can your motor.

Option 1, Go to www.hptuner.com and check out the forum. You need to educate your self on at least the basics. It's not a quick education but if you want to tune yourself, you need to learn. It's like trying surgery without going to med school.

Option 2, Bring your car to me. I recently tuned an 02 Camaro SS with similiar mods that was previously tuned at another shop. Before my tune the car went 13.0s with a best e.t of 12.98 @ 105 mph. After my tune the car has gone 12.04 @ 112 mph. and is easly capable of 11.90s at a decent track. I tune the car right in front of the customer and explain what I am doing and why. You will learn all the basics just from watching me.

Option 3 find a tuner close to you that is willing to tune in front of you and answer your questions so that you can scan and tweak on your own.

Good Luck, Ed

04 GTO A4 6.6 liter,AFR 225,STS 76mm Turbo,96# Injectors,Innovate XD-16,Methanol,HPTuners,Custom Fuel,etc.

Best E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html

LSX Tuning with Mustang MD-1100 Eddy Current Dyno & HPTuners in the New Haven, CT. area

what exactly did you do to delete the TQ Mgmt ? there are several ways to do it--that make a huge diff in stall converter applications-- I always
    delete all the torque reduction in the up-shift files in every gear 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 ---enter all "0's"
    Also I set all the shift times in every gear to "0" (adaptive learning)
    set D0301 tq. reducton to "disable"
    set C5601 to "1" misfire detction

Thread Information