Red
    1998 SS

do it yourself alignment.....help....

so a few weeks ago, my caliper bolts broke on my wayt to work, the caliper came flying out and tore my tie rod end, caliper, caliper bracker and rim....i just put it all back together, but now my alignment is off on the right side, which is the side it broke on.....

i replaced both side calipers, tie rod ends, upgraded to steel brake lines, bought all new 10.9 grade bolts (18 bucks a bolt), guide pins and rubber seals. thing is, tie rods are after market, but i thought that if i marked the inner tie rod end, and put the new ones in, it should be aligned, right?????wrong...the right side tire is pointing inward significantly, where the left one is pretty much straight as far as i can see.... i could see if both sides where off, then that would mean diff. specs on the tie rod.....

anyways, how do i get the alignment close enought to straight, so i can drive it to the alignment shop 40-45 miles???????? i just got new tires, so id hate to mess em up.....

any help is appreciated.....
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Did you consider having it flat-bedded to the alignment shop? If you have towing coverage on your car insurance it would pay for most of the cost.

Red
    1998 SS

nah, i dont want to even let the insurance think something happened....the premiums are already sky high....and at 7.00/mile for a flatbed, ill just try to figure somthing out....i think i found a way

http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/arti...rticle_id=60130

http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm

thanks though

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I just adjusted the tie-rods to get it close to striaght and 'limped' it to an alignment shop.

I do know some racers that do it at home but they have speciaty tools for the caster and camber setup.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

well, the caster and camber were unaffected with what you did. so, eyeballing the toe should be good, until you get there.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information