white&black
    1998z28w/t-tops

Angry p0305 cylinder 5 misfire

help!!!! it'driving me crazy replaced, plug replaced wire, checked connections, moniterd the system and watched it misfire! all is lost please help.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

swap coils around and see if it follows.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

white&black
    1998z28w/t-tops

that was my next plan of attack.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Hey I have been there. Let me share with you my story, about a year ago my firehawk was throwing random/multiple cylinder misfires. It had gotten really bad to the point I could drive it around no problem and then it would start bucking and acting crazy. It was worst at around 1,000 rpms in sixth gear. Sometimes it would throw a certain cylinder (say #1) misfire. At this point I would move the plug to cyl. 3, the plug wire to #5, and the coil pack to #7. Then after cranking it up the misfire would move to say #6. At this point NOTHING will have you more pissed trust me. I am like I didn't even touch that side of the damn motor. Finally I got tired of getting nowhere and carried it to a shop and they changed the plugs, wires, coil packs getting nowhere. Everytime the misfire would show up somewhere else. It turned out to be the computer. That cost me what I thought was a lot at the time, but in the end considering they didn't charge me for the troubleshooting time I got a hell of a deal. In the end the guys were real cool I take both of my LS1's back if I don't have time or can't figure something. It always can be worse. LOL. Keep your head up.

white&black
    1998z28w/t-tops

Cool

yeah a friend of mine owns a shop and i'm going to drop it of on saterday. and hopefully they can fix it for me. i just don't have the time or patients. i kinda figured it's either a bad computer or burnt valve. either way it's going to be big $$$ to have it fixed.

white&black
    1998z28w/t-tops

oh yeah i did try swapping coils around and it still has the miss on #5 but it also started a random misfire on various cylinders. but only when in N and idleing at 3000 or so. mind boggling......

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Actually the shop that I carried my firehawk to charged me around $600 I think for the new plugs, wires, computer and programming. It is a 2 hour programing session at the dealer, but the mechanics brother or brother-in-law works at the dealership. So I only paid whatever the least possible. I have worked with this shop several times since then and they have always done right by me. That is real important to me since my cars are what they are I want someone local that I can trust.
    BTW both are head and cam LS1's

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Perhaps an injector issue?

white&black
    1998z28w/t-tops

dunt, dunt da..... i found the problem, broken push rod!!! so as a heads up for any of your do it yourselfers. spend the money on chrom-moly push rods. i kinda feel like a dumnass for missing this. oh-well go figure. so thanks for all the suggestions.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

When reading this the other night I kind of wondered if it could be a pushrod issue but you still hadn't checked the injectors so I thought it very well could be an injector. Either way, glad you fixed it and I love a happy ending.

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Glad to hear that you found the issue before taking it to a mechanic, nothing quite like finding a problem out.

Thread Information