boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

i want new exhaust

i want to get rid of my cats and run straight pipes. being in the military doesnt afford me the opportunity to stay in one place that long, and therefore find places to do work like that (they say its illegal, hah). im in s. carolina right now. beaufort area. about one hour away from savannah ga. and charleston s.c. anyone know any good people who will do it for me that are relatively close?

GM Bright Red
    2002 Trans AM WS-6

i have an idea for you though... tell the exhaust people you are turning it into a drag car and you won't be on the street.. there is a guy here in alabama that will do all kinds of exhaust work if he thinks the car is going to be a "drag" car and not a "street" car.. i have true duals with no cats or mufflers... i tell you it sounds sweet! I love that area you are in right now.. i went to savannah and Hilton Head this summer..

cherry
    1998 transam ws6

i live in sc -aiken area ,i know someone who could do it but its about a 3 hour drive from you they are affordable ,i got this guy to take my cats off and put the sensors in ,but im running borla on mine it sounds sweet!!

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

where is aiken

so how much would he charge me to just take off the cats and replace with pipes? and you said you still have the sensors in? wouldnt the ones behind where the cats used to be read wrong? is your check engine light on?

GM Bright Red
    2002 Trans AM WS-6

my check engine light isn't always on.. it will sometimes come on, but go off soon after..

cherry
    1998 transam ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfiws6 View Post
    so how much would he charge me to just take off the cats and replace with pipes? and you said you still have the sensors in? wouldnt the ones behind where the cats used to be read wrong? is your check engine light on?
    aiken is on the georgia line right in between columbia sc and augusta ga.i ordered dummy sensors from summit i think they were 50 bucks ,you take the old ones out and snap those in and the computer doesnt know anything has changed on the car.im trying to remember what he charged me ,if you want , i can call him and ask- i know him personally . did you want the muffler takin off too of just the cats?i know mine is straight pipes to the borla -its really loud but it doesnt have the awful poping sound alot of cars do when the take the cats off.

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

ok

Quote Originally Posted by onebadblonde View Post
    aiken is on the georgia line right in between columbia sc and augusta ga.i ordered dummy sensors from summit i think they were 50 bucks ,you take the old ones out and snap those in and the computer doesnt know anything has changed on the car.im trying to remember what he charged me ,if you want , i can call him and ask- i know him personally . did you want the muffler takin off too of just the cats?i know mine is straight pipes to the borla -its really loud but it doesnt have the awful poping sound alot of cars do when the take the cats off.
    yeah, ask him how much to remove the cats and put on straight pipes. ive got a flowmaster muffler that i think i want to leave on. thanks.

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 123456speed View Post
    my check engine light isn't always on.. it will sometimes come on, but go off soon after..
    arent you concerned about which code pops up? it might be new ones.

GM Bright Red
    2002 Trans AM WS-6

not too concerned.. i have taken it to the dealership several times and they tell me the same thing everytime... "need to return the exhaust to the facotry settings"

cherry
    1998 transam ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 123456speed View Post
    not too concerned.. i have taken it to the dealership several times and they tell me the same thing everytime... "need to return the exhaust to the facotry settings"
    yeah the o2 sensors i bought avoid that . does your car run diff? well i think the guy charged 50 bucks to pipe mine im gonna call in the morning

GM Bright Red
    2002 Trans AM WS-6

yeah i guess i could buy those dummy 02 sensors... car doesn't seem to run any different.. still runs very smooth and sounds great...

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfiws6 View Post
    i want to get rid of my cats and run straight pipes. being in the military doesnt afford me the opportunity to stay in one place that long, and therefore find places to do work like that (they say its illegal, hah). im in s. carolina right now. beaufort area. about one hour away from savannah ga. and charleston s.c. anyone know any good people who will do it for me that are relatively close?
    Hey I'm here in Beaufort also, have you been to any of our meets.We meet up on the 2-4 Sat beside the Taco Bell @ 5, as long as there are no rain clouds.Actually it's not that hard to remove your exhaust and since you are military you can go to the hobby shop, go to www.ls1sounds.com find the one you like and buy the catback, and a ORY it does not take that long to take the factory off and install the new one.You can also keep the stock catback and just get a OR and get a elect. cut out, check us out at www.scfyb.com and if you know anyone with a TA, Camaro, Vette invite them out .......

Thread Information