Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue/silver
    1988 Camaro

Hey, who all plays guitar on here?

Just wonderin' who all plays the guitar on here. I got a Strat and the acoustic is a Seagull. Been playin' about 4-5 years now. Who else plays?

i'm a righty who plays a lefty strat strung .12-.52 upside-down a la Hendrix. i've been playing on and off since i was 13, but now i'm getting more focused about it. i love Hendrix and SRV, although i'm not good enough to play most of their music right now.

blue/silver
    1988 Camaro

I've been playin' off and on, but really startin' to get serious about it. I like guitar players anywhere from Yngwie Malmsteen to Hendrix. Also love SRV, Clapton, Jimmy Paige, Vai, all those guys.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

1969 Yamaha 200FG. Obviously not electric. I travelled for awhile but Budweiser got in the way so now it is just a hobby.

2000 Corvette

I play drums, my 'lil brother however, rips up the guitar......

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I'm trying to learn...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I do, hence the name Ibanez7.

I've been playing for 16yrs, took lessons from Dave Shankle of the metal band Manowar for 7yrs.

These are my guitars:
    ibanez Universe (7string)
    Ibanez jem dbk
    Peavey V-type
    Dean dimebag

and my baby
    Ibanez RG520QS, scalloped neck, dug tremolo recess, pickups Dimebucker, sh1. Tuned
    DGCEAD

Amps.
    Line 6 flextone II
    my new baby Krankenstien by Krank.

I play melodic metal in a band. Its like pantera meets dream theater but with very heavy singing. Very riff orientated and tons of solos, kinda sounds like ovearsea metal like soilwork, but more groove and emotional. Definitely not the homo emo/screamo shit like hawthorne heights...

for my solo stuff I play classical and blues, mixed with shred and some very spiritual type sounds

Influences:
    Dimebag
    buckethead
    steve vai
    zakk wylde
    John 5
    yngwie malmsteen
    Alexi Laiho
    tony Mcalpine

Favorite bands:
    children of bodom
    machinehead
    BLS
    pantera/damageplan
    eternal tears of sorrow
    scar symmetry

My favorite lick to warm up to is:

A-minor arpeggio rolled through 5 positions off the A string (G if detuned), tapped into a sycopated groove using the harmonic minor mixolydian mode, ending on pinch harmonic whammy bar dive, with natural harmonic, on the squeal.

guitar playing is all about the chugging groove on the low strings with some pinch harmonics and bending the hell out of the highstrings making scream emotion!

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Many years ago, had an 1978 Ibanez (spell?) Les Paul copy, Mother of Pearl Inlays, Double Humbucking pickups, Deep Mahogany finish. Loved that Guitar, but had to sell it and the Marshal Amp. Got $1500 for it and $800 for the Amp.

Bought my first car with the money!
    Well used (abused) 1972 Chevelle SS 350, Dark Forest Green (not sure of the actual factory color name). Sold it to a co-worker a year later. Got a 1969 Buick GS Custom with a tired 350 in it, had it for about a year? or so. Traded it in on my 1978 Gold T/A and the F-Car Love affair begins.

blue/silver
    1988 Camaro

Damn Ibanez, I wish I had some of your guitars. Sounds like you had one hell of a teacher as well. My strat is just a Squire knock-off. I do however love my acoustic. Hopefully one of these days I'll upgrade to a real Strat. The only amp I've got right now is a crappy Fender practice amp.

I've mainly learned how to play by learning Pink Floyd songs. Now I'd really like to get into playing some classical, also metal. I'm trying to get back into lessons. I took lessons for about 3 years, then the place went out of business and I just haven't gotten back into 'em. I need to, teaching myself hasn't worked out too well, lol. I'd love to get to the playing level of Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen. Alex Laiho is quickly becoming a favorite of mine as well.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

I've been playing off on and on for 13 years.

Mostly on for the last 4 or 5..

I have a PRS CE24, a Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, and a Fender Hotrod Deville amp with the 4 10's..

And a high mileage Martin acoustic.

We play mostly Texas music, southern rock, and honkey tonk ala' Waylong Jennings, Merle Haggard, ect..
    Last edited by jking; 01-27-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy12986
    Damn Ibanez, I wish I had some of your guitars. Sounds like you had one hell of a teacher as well. My strat is just a Squire knock-off. I do however love my acoustic. Hopefully one of these days I'll upgrade to a real Strat. The only amp I've got right now is a crappy Fender practice amp.

I've mainly learned how to play by learning Pink Floyd songs. Now I'd really like to get into playing some classical, also metal. I'm trying to get back into lessons. I took lessons for about 3 years, then the place went out of business and I just haven't gotten back into 'em. I need to, teaching myself hasn't worked out too well, lol. I'd love to get to the playing level of Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen. Alex Laiho is quickly becoming a favorite of mine as well.

What I have found with Vai, is that his riffs are easy and the basic structure of his solos are easy, its the wicked ass little fills, notes and sounds that he put in between all of it that is the real pain in the ass to play. Only because it has to be so precise and so quick.

One of the biggest helps that I had learning neoclassical and building up my speed was yngwie Malmsteen insturctional DVDs. Tough to learn at yngwies speed but no better way then to learn speed, struction and arpeggios of classical playing.

yeah Alexi is definitely one of the best new guitarist, you can hear alot of vai in his playing, minus the little inbetween fills that vai does so well.

This is my guitar teachers band. Its power metal sword rock, but hes a great guitarist. Notice the 28fret baratone, custom ESP V he plays. Also he great at playing over top of the neck!

check out the download section, two videos, plus one has tits in it! lol

http://www.davidshanklegroup.com/

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

off and on since i was 12. now that im older i wish i would of stayed more serious about it. my biggest influence was and is Eddie Van Halen. First electric guitar which i still have is an ovation breadwinner, now i mostly play my peavey wolfgang with floyd rose trem.

I tried to learn but with out knowing anything and got a crapy guitar. still have it in a corner somewhere
    99 Z28
    U.S. NAVY
    P-3 ORION
    FLIGHT ENGINEER
    ***IBNFE***
    FLY NAVY

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I learned about 6 chords. I just started learning a little while ago but my car has distracted me. Only have time for 1 hobby with everything else going on right now. Im sure ill get back into it. Iv always had a deep interest in music.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I learned about 6 chords. I just started learning a little while ago but my car has distracted me. Only have time for 1 hobby with everything else going on right now. Im sure ill get back into it. Iv always had a deep interest in music.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    I've been playing off on and on for 13 years.

Mostly on for the last 4 or 5..

I have a PRS CE24, a Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, and a Fender Hotrod Deville amp with the 4 10's..

And a high mileage Martin acoustic.

We play mostly Texas music, southern rock, and honkey tonk ala' Waylong Jennings, Merle Haggard, ect..

are you going to check out the David Allen Coe, dimebag, vinnie paul CD, Rebel meets Rebel...

I checked out the website and its some pretty cool shit!

Going on 10 years, here's my rig, made the wooden looking electric senior year in my HS woodshop. Also have a bunch of pedals, a 135 watt Fender Twin Reverb and a Kustom 1/2 Stack.

It's only rock n roll but I like it...

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

My #1

The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7
    are you going to check out the David Allen Coe, dimebag, vinnie paul CD, Rebel meets Rebel...

I checked out the website and its some pretty cool shit!
    Yeah, I intend to..

Coe is a fucking nut..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information