View Poll Results: do you give to toys to tots or a similar organization?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 56.25%
  • no

7 43.75%

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

in the spirit of the holiday season

i was listening to the radio the other day on my way to school and they were talking about how with the lead paint scares this year, and in our area with the increased number of layoffs, low paying jobs, and general increase in unemployment, that fewer and fewer people are giving to toys for tots and other such programs.

i had one of those rare moments in my life where i actually cared about someone else and i got to thinking about how all my christmas' have been good...i've always gotten pretty much what i asked for and if i didn't it wasn't that i didn't get anything, i did. so i've never had a christmas where i didn't get some kind of a gift. and it really kicked me in the nads that a kid in my town was going to go without the joy and excitement of a gift on christmas morning.

so my decided i was going to donate a toy to toys for tots...and i got my g/f to do it with me. usually she's the "bleeding heart liberal" and i'm the cold heartless bastard but i got one up on her this time. so we are going to get some hot wheels for in hopes that a little boy will have a good christmas and a hannah montana doll for a little girl.

does anyone else here do anything like this?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

no but I should and you just made me feel like shit for posting this....thanks.

this is one of the few charities I would ever donate to for the simple fact that they ask for something other than money. Money corrupts. It's hard to embezzle a hot wheels. There are a few places that I refuse to give money to. The United Way is at the top of that list. The United Way donates money to other charities. Ok, first off if you're a charity why would you donate to another charity? Secondly, where's the list of charities you donate to? I know one of them is PETA which I'm firmly against so if a percentage of your money is going to peta and I'm giving you my money then I might as well be giving it to peta. Another one is after 911. The entire country stepped up and donated millions of dollars to who they thought were the families of victims. The next 6 months the charities including the red cross fought over fees and who was eligible and shit like that. I wonder how much of that money actually made it to the families.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

actually toys for tots is the only thing that i have really ever donated to. i typically steer clear of charities...well...except for the vets that give you a little hand made flower if you give them a dollar. they get money out of me. but that's it.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

A few years ago the admission for a 24hour paintball game I went to was a toy that would be donated to Toys for Tots... does that count?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    A few years ago the admission for a 24hour paintball game I went to was a toy that would be donated to Toys for Tots... does that count?
    i'd say that it does yes

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i donated to a organization that buys toys for the children of troops overseas for the holidays

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I really do not like kids too much, thats why I do not have any and don't plan on haveing any.

black
    01 ws6

lol damn ! glad you arent having any, i've always donated... to the children of prisoner one...

i use to be one, and i always like the gifts even though my dad was a piece of shit...

he fixed himself up, after being there and now him and my mom are all good....

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    lol damn ! glad you arent having any, i've always donated... to the children of prisoner one...

i use to be one, and i always like the gifts even though my dad was a piece of shit...

he fixed himself up, after being there and now him and my mom are all good....
    My parents were outstanding and I have an awesome relationship with them. I am just a selfish person and I like My time, My money, My freedom, Kids would just get in the way of all of that BIG TIME, so they definitely are not for me. Funny thing is my wife is a director at a daycare and loves them. LOL...

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

my job is collecting for toys for tots and my moms workplace also has a giving tree where a family in needs name is listed, my mom picked the name of alittle six year old boy he said he wants transformers, coloring books and he loves CARS! so i have been having so much fun shopping for him!!

but yea toys for tots, i think they are looking for 19 million toys this year? they are trying to give every child in need a gift

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

I dont give to any charity because Im a racist and Im afraid I might unknowing do something nice for a nonwhite person.

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby97SS View Post
    I dont give to any charity because Im a racist and Im afraid I might unknowing do something nice for a nonwhite person.
    Just kidding. I always let my son donate something and we always give cash to the salvation army.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Yes I do.

Nothing too special but I do add to the 'pile' every year.

Thread Information