Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Killed a SRT-8 Charger!!

I went to a friend of mine to get my car retuned after the header and PTC 3500 stall converter install. On the way home I pulled next to a black SRT-8 at a red light. This guy started reving his engine and power braking the car. As the other light turned yellow and ours was about to turn green. He stopped power braking and stalled the car. When the light turned green I waited to see what he was going to do. All of a sudden I heard tires screaming and he was starting to go so I punched it. I didn't spin a lick. After blowing his doors off by about 5 lengths to 80mph. I merged onto the interstate and he followed. At about 65 mph he pulled on side me again and wanted a chance to redeem his self. After waiting for him to start pulling I floored it again and pulled by him pretty quick (again)!! Now my car is pretty much stock its a 2002 A4 with SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP 85mm MAF, TB bypass, Jethot Hooker race headers and 3" y-pipe, Magnaflow 3" exhaust with 3.5" tips, PTC 3500 stall converter, Custom dyno tune, sub frams and Micky Thompson ET street DR's. Do you think it was a fair race?? LOL

black
    1998 TA

i think chargers are heavy as hell

Red
    2001 ws6

SRT-8's come in stick? i thought all the chargers were auto's

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    SRT-8's come in stick? i thought all the chargers were auto's
    Not sure about the answer to that one but I am pretty sure this guy was an auto..

Red
    2001 ws6

i was just asking because u said he stalled out?

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i was just asking because u said he stalled out?
    Yep. Thats what I said.. You can leave much harder if you have good tires. I stall my auto all the time. I can stall it up to 2200 rpm with my stall converter. A stock converter A4 can stall to about 1800 rpm. You foot brake it and give it some gas. That will stall the motor and preload the suspension..

Red
    2001 ws6

tru tru thanks for the clear up

black
    2001 Z28 CAMARO

nice kill

hey man a win is a win. so i give you props. but they do look kind of heavy. i got a similar story but mine consists of my girl and I on the 60 towards LA coming from Hemmet. a 2000-2002 or 03 mustang cobra (not supercharged) pulled up right next to me and took off. he then waited for me again, i honked three times and took off i didn't have to downshift i just floored it and took it. i did the same thing for the second race and then on the third one i dropped it down to third went on to fourth and by then i was like 3-4 cars ahead of him.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Good kill! There's 1 black Charger SRT8 and a silver 300C SRT8 in town that I want to run. Both are young cocky guys with hot chicks that think they are all great.

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by maverick32 View Post
    hey man a win is a win. so i give you props. but they do look kind of heavy. i got a similar story but mine consists of my girl and I on the 60 towards LA coming from Hemmet. a 2000-2002 or 03 mustang cobra (not supercharged) pulled up right next to me and took off. he then waited for me again, i honked three times and took off i didn't have to downshift i just floored it and took it. i did the same thing for the second race and then on the third one i dropped it down to third went on to fourth and by then i was like 3-4 cars ahead of him.
    Yup, a heavy car that runs low 13's high 12's..

This an artical comparing the GTO to the Charger!!

Maybe so, but for this duo the drag strip is still the happiest place on earth. They flat smoke down the quarter mile...each in the 13s. The edge goes to the Charger with a fleet 13.3 seconds at 108.2 mph, with gearchanges from its 5-speed automatic so crisp it feels like it's been fitted with a speed-shop shift kit. The GTO leaves equally hard, but the long throws and somewhat imprecise action of its 6-speed manual prevent extracting those last tenths of a second — it clocked a 13.7 at 103.9 mph. Both sound great; the Dodge, exhaling through real tubular headers and 2.75-in. pipes, has a 1960s' blatblatblat so cool you'd think there are a pair of glass packs ahead of the rear axle. The GTO has a deeper, more dignified Corvette signature that sounds powerful without being obnoxious.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=2905
    Last edited by odarabla; 10-26-2007 at 12:25 AM.

black
    2001 Z28 CAMARO

yeah man. it was fun messing around with him and giving him the thought that he had a chance. muhahaha. it was a good run. at the end of the third run he just gave me the thumbs up and jammed.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I love a good race story. These are the best kind of posts. Forget all the questions and bickering.

We should have a continual post of just talking about all the cars we eat it, and the glorious stories that go with it.

Cheers
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by odarabla View Post
    Now my car is pretty much stock its a 2002 A4 with SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP 85mm MAF, TB bypass, Jethot Hooker race headers and 3" y-pipe, Magnaflow 3" exhaust with 3.5" tips, PTC 3500 stall converter, Custom dyno tune, sub frams and Micky Thompson ET street DR's. Do you think it was a fair race?? LOL
    Good kill!
    You aren't even close to stock my friend!
    Full exhaust, stall, lid, MT et streets, sfc's and a tune? No sir, not stock!
    Good run tho!
    Curtis: I got laid last night
    Curtis: 35 seconds
    Curtis: it was awesome

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Good kill!
    Good run tho!
    +1, Hes not even mostly stock with those mods

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

I had a situation with a guy that had an '06 SRT-8. He swore up and down he could run with me, since my car made 405, and his put out a stout 425. Too bad he didn't know the difference between flywheel and rear-wheel. Killed 'em.
    97 Z28 1LE #53 11.08/122.84 N/A, 9.82/131.06 150-shot

02 WS6 M6, STOCK H/C/I, 3189 lbs., 11.77/113.02 (1.59 60')

08 Mercedez C63 AMG, FOR SALE!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108586

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

lol i like the look of those cars but they just dont perform on the street as well as either of my two ls1 f bods,

i pulled up to one in my 99 it was a blown 300c srt 8, i had my 4.10's in so i had no worries as my car is pretty damn quick on the street i hook like a son of a bitch,

anyways long story short, i pulled up next to him rolled down my window and i heard a whistle under his hood, asked if he was supercharged he replied like, um yeah and why do you wanna know, so i was all wanna go on this green, he just chuckled and said do you really? my girlfriend said no he doesnt and hit my arm and tried to roll up my window, i got pissed and said hell yeah i do lets go, then my gf started sayin luke if you do this im gonna get outta this car and so i said no im not gonna im just messin around, i saw the other light hit yellow and i started to stall up my car lol, she flipped , light went green i took him so hard off the start, by the end of our race which was about to 80 mph i had him by half a car, i was proud i rolled down my window again to catch a few words but he kept looking forward not even acknowledging me lol it was awesome, best street kill by far, except a few slow cobras

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    lol i like the look of those cars but they just dont perform on the street as well as either of my two ls1 f bods,

i pulled up to one in my 99 it was a blown 300c srt 8, i had my 4.10's in so i had no worries as my car is pretty damn quick on the street i hook like a son of a bitch,

anyways long story short, i pulled up next to him rolled down my window and i heard a whistle under his hood, asked if he was supercharged he replied like, um yeah and why do you wanna know, so i was all wanna go on this green, he just chuckled and said do you really? my girlfriend said no he doesnt and hit my arm and tried to roll up my window, i got pissed and said hell yeah i do lets go, then my gf started sayin luke if you do this im gonna get outta this car and so i said no im not gonna im just messin around, i saw the other light hit yellow and i started to stall up my car lol, she flipped , light went green i took him so hard off the start, by the end of our race which was about to 80 mph i had him by half a car, i was proud i rolled down my window again to catch a few words but he kept looking forward not even acknowledging me lol it was awesome, best street kill by far, except a few slow cobras
    So what all is done to your car?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

my 99 has a slp cat back, lid air filter, grannatelli wires, and 4.10's with an ultimate struss kit, thats about it, oh a diablo sport tuner.

car also has 140k miles with original trans and engine lol

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    my 99 has a slp cat back, lid air filter, grannatelli wires, and 4.10's with an ultimate struss kit, thats about it, oh a diablo sport tuner.

car also has 140k miles with original trans and engine lol
    I c, the SRT must not have caught any traction at all, i guess having all that horsepower is useless if you cant put it to the ground.

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Good kill!
    Good run tho!
    YA, it's stock with bolt ons..

Thread Information