sunset orange
    88 ta

tpi 305 to a tpi 350

Hey guys whats up?? i am completely new to this site and a bit of a noob when it comes to v8 performance!! To begin with let me introduce myself, i am 18 and this will be my first v8 vehicle! I am for no means a noob when it comes to cars in general! my last car was a low 12 second turbo civic, but i am just tired of import, I AM NOT A RICER either! but anyways, my brother has a camaro w/ a built 350 with eagle crank/rods and flat top pistons, some head work and a 650 cfm carburator! he sold his 1988 pontiac trans am with a 305 tpi to me for 1000 dollars, so i went ahead and bought a 4 bolt main 350 and got some flat top pistons, some minor head work that includes port& polish, 1.6 rocker arms and a cam, new bearing/rings/seals/gaskets yadda yadda!!

my brother told me that in order to make the 350 run properly with the 19lb injectors i had to get a fuel pressure regulator a an aftermarket fuel pump ( i bought a walbro intank 255lph) and raise the fuel pressure up to like 53psi!!

my question for you guys is this: is that^^ correct???

thanks!

sunset orange
    88 ta

i will also be updating this thread with my progress!! Right now i am also repainting the car, it used to be red but since its 15+years old its not perfect so i will be painting it sunset orange! i will keep you guys posted!!

sunset orange
    88 ta

bump, does anyone know?? or can anyone point me in the right direction?

black, and black
    04 M6

direction

your in the right direction going to a 350 because 305's suck lol, but to answer your question why are you using injectors and electric fuel pump if u bought a 650 carb??

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by kyemt View Post
    your in the right direction going to a 350 because 305's suck lol, but to answer your question why are you using injectors and electric fuel pump if u bought a 650 carb??
    his brother has the car with the carb. Noboostnogo bought a 350 with fuel injection.

black, and black
    04 M6

oh

oh i miss read it i see now,

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by noboostnogo View Post
    Hey guys whats up?? i am completely new to this site and a bit of a noob when it comes to v8 performance!! To begin with let me introduce myself, i am 18 and this will be my first v8 vehicle! I am for no means a noob when it comes to cars in general! my last car was a low 12 second turbo civic, but i am just tired of import, I AM NOT A RICER either! but anyways, my brother has a camaro w/ a built 350 with eagle crank/rods and flat top pistons, some head work and a 650 cfm carburator! he sold his 1988 pontiac trans am with a 305 tpi to me for 1000 dollars, so i went ahead and bought a 4 bolt main 350 and got some flat top pistons, some minor head work that includes port& polish, 1.6 rocker arms and a cam, new bearing/rings/seals/gaskets yadda yadda!!

my brother told me that in order to make the 350 run properly with the 19lb injectors i had to get a fuel pressure regulator a an aftermarket fuel pump ( i bought a walbro intank 255lph) and raise the fuel pressure up to like 53psi!!

my question for you guys is this: is that^^ correct???

thanks!
    having done this myself a few years ago, he is partially correct. all you need is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and bump the pressure to 53 psi. the holley adjustable will be the easiest to use.

here's my webpage on my old 86TA
    http://www.fla-thirdgen.org/mrr23
    Last edited by mrr23; 07-29-2007 at 06:22 AM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

sunset orange
    88 ta

ha ok thanks guys that clears everythin up!!

My bro's friends got some 24# injectors from his lt1, he said theyll work on my car but ill just need to have my pcm reprogrammed!! he said pcmforless.com had them but i cant find them, are there any more sites to get pcm reprogrammed at that you guys know of??

This is a total different world than having a turbo-civic!! haha

black, and black
    04 M6

pcm

nelsons performance

You'll be better off going with a larger fuel injector as opposed to upping the fuel pressure, especially since that 350 is not stock. 24 lb/hr injectors should work, but a different PROM is a MUST! Regardless, a new PROM should be done with the 350 anyway.

What did that 350 come out of? Because if you don't have the later style cylinder heads, getting the TPI to fit will require machine work.

Ed Wright at Fastchip is highly recommended for your PROM.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Yeah, run bigger injectors instead of cranking the fuel pressure. Also you don't NEED a different fuel pump. Is it a good idea to replace it with a good quality one? Sure but it's not a requirement.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Thread Information