Texas el es Juan Member keno2095's Avatar

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

Ok I got the lowering springs on and today...

Ok I got the lowering springs on and today I installed the Rear Bilstein shocks. I noticed that after driving it around ..about 20 miles... the passengerside is lower that the driverside. passenger is 25 3/4 " (to the bottom of the rear fender..above the tire)and the driverside is 26 1/4". what is causing this? any info would really help out. Also what or how do I get rid of all the squeeking in that area? Thanks

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

The squeak could be from the bushings. Polyurethane would fix that. The problem with the lower on one side I couldn't tell you. After you moved it around out of the shop did you measure it then? If so was it the same height on both sides?

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

yeah i measured it when i put it on the ground before driving off..i figured it would settle...but nada

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

did you also install and adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rearend. That could be causing the height difference, since a lowering springs will cause the rearend to move forward and offset a little..

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

just got one ordered..thats what i was thinking too

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Need to get some pics of the ride after you lowered it.

SLIKWS6
    Did you get Eibach's?

After doing alot of searching I have found that these springs tend to do that for some reason or another. Either way I still got them and so far my car looks to be the same all around, Ill have to measure it sometime.

But heres a little bit of a more positive answer, our cars have so much power that when they torque up, the back passenger side squats alot more than the driver side. Look at some drag racing pictures, and usually youll notice that once these cars are producing enough power to lift the tires its usually the driver side tire that comes up first.

So for some reason or another, the power being applied is forced upon that side of the car causing that spring to be compressed more and sit lower.

I hope that made sense.

Eric @ DMS
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7
    did you also install and adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rearend. That could be causing the height difference, since a lowering springs will cause the rearend to move forward and offset a little..
    The panhard rod controls the where the axles sits (left to right) as it relates to the chassis.

[__--MUD--__]
    Quote Originally Posted by keno2095
    yeah i measured it when i put it on the ground before driving off..i figured it would settle...but nada
    If you just measured the drop right after you lowered you car off the jacks, your suspension isn't going to settle all the way untill your car rolls a bit foreward or back. The tires move in a bit as the car is lifted and catch on the pavement as you lower them squeezed in, making your car look jacked up. Measure it again after you move it.

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

yeah i did..i measured when it came off the jack and after driving it around, now for about 150 miles...still nada

Measure it while you sit in it. Maybe the half inch is a tolerance for the drivers weight.

I have the Eibach ProKits on both of my cars. This same thing happened to me on only one of them.

I discovered that one of my springs was not fully seated in the rubber isolator - located between the body and the top of the spring.

After removing the springs and fully seating the isolators, the car now sits level at the rear.

I have found that it is quite easy to accidentally rotate the spring separate from the isolator during installation. What worked for me was to spray some lithium grease in the isolator seat, and then fully seat the isolator on top of the spring prior to installation. The grease acts like an adhesive during this process.

This could also get rid of the sqeaking, due to the fact that the control arms will no longer be "twisted" at their mounting points. (Due to the one side sitting higher, you may be experiencing metal to metal rubbing at the control arm attachment points)

If the squeak still exists, I would probably guess that the control arm bushings are shot.
    Last edited by VChula; 08-24-2005 at 04:37 PM. Reason: mistake in text
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

PEWTER
    2001 Z28

I also have a 1/2" difference in right and left side. My squeaking went away when I removed the rubber isolators and installed heater hose. Also dropped the rear another 1/2".

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

I also have my passenger side lower than the driver's side....this is after redoing my whole suspension....and yes I have an adjustable panhard rod and LCA relocation brackets. I even tried jacking the car by the frame and adjusting the panhard rod inward. I think it may have helped a little, but it's still off.
    Weird....very weird
    Black '98 WS6 Trans AM (A4)

Thread Information