Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    99 SS

how much money would you expect to make?

if you worked at a job for 3 years doing accounts revievable and payable, then your boss says they want you to create a parts dept and for you to be in charge of it. also to control shipping and receiving and do the parts counter all by your self. oh and also purchasing.

reason im asking is this is the current position I am in at the moment, i took the job thinking i was getting a nice pay raise, but insted i do not get a raise(in the last 3 years i have got a .70 cent raise) i get tons more responsibility. and when i ask for money my boss says that i do not need one and wont get one.

also i have 2 years of college under my belt already, more then anyone in at my work(all older people) and i go to night school for cars and shit.

also i work 40 miles away so its a 80 mile round trip every day for me when gas is at 2.80 for good shit here and i get 20mpg in the Z so each day it costs me $12 dollars to get to work and thats about $ 120 each paycheck, when i only make $10 an hour.

so what would you do in my situation? quit and find something closer to home that pays the same and save on gas? im just so confused about what i should do, but i feel like im being insulted with out getting a raise

NBM
    99 TA

more responsibility = more pay.... period

and for 10 bucks an hour???? thats bullshit. Where i live you can make 12-15 dollars an hour at McDicks (thats canadian mind you but its still like 10-13/hr US)

quit that bum shit and find some thing closer to home!

2010 Camaro rs/ss

It sounds like you have some good experiance. I'd start shopping. I would think you should make at least 15 or 16 bucks an hour.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yes, You should be making more money that you are. I have almost 2 years of schooling and started out at 15, already at 16.52$. Boss man says no to pay raise even with increased responsiblty? ef that. Start handing out resumes and keep the job untill you find something good.

yeah man, piss on that, I get $7/hr. and i got to school full time, good thing i live in a kinda small town. But its still BS, I'm lookin to

white
    2001 camaross

Thats way too far of a drive for only $10 bucks an hour to begin with, I wash cars at a dealership and make that and its only 5 min from my house and i go to school still.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    10 bucks hour? and you are like manager or supervisor or something?? dude, look for a new job and if you find one, tell your boss more money or l am outta here!! also drive 80 miles a day in a v8 powered car.. so how about bills, food, mods?? kick that bastards ass..

l make that much a hour and but l am just a front desk agent.. not too much responsibilities and not too busy and 40 miles each way.. and l got a wife who makes like 6 grand a month.. and we are ok.. otherwise 10 bucks it nothing!

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Yeah i would def look for something else. Keep this job until you find something alot better. I work in the parts Dept for a private aircraft company i pretty much do all the same as you do now and i have been here for 2 years (in dec) i started out making 12.28 an hour and when my annual raise was due i got bumped up to 14 even. I think it owuld be a waste of time/money for you to stay at a dead end job that offers nothing like this one.

shop the classifieds, monster.com, even the local unemployment office but you are crazy to stay there. i wouldnt even talk to him about a raise- he might give it to you and then try to make you work longer hours to make up for the diff. Sounds like a dickhead boss BTW

White
    '10 ZR1

Dude, I bet you could find something closer to home for the same or maybe more money.........hell, where I work, I hire guys to START at $11/hr.......with "guaranteed" raises after 3, 6 and 12 months if they work hard and are worth a dang. I have a guy here right now that started at $12/hr (I started him higher since he had some schooling and some prior experience, sounds like you!!) in December......he's now at $15.50/hr. because of his hard work ethic and his excellent ability to learn........................want a job? I'd hire ya in a heartbeat!

Our Storeroom managers start at $25/hour. You are severly underpaid. However not that unusual for an employeer to try that crap. Anytime they create a job for an employee they never compensate that employee. Believe me if you quite they would have to pay the guy who takes your place a lot more than $10/hour.

Black
    99 SS

oh i know im so fed up with it already, im basically starting a new system here at work, its fucking bull shit, and they say they can find someone else to replace me with it, then they made the comment if i get a diploma they would give me 15 an hour, fuck that im working on one i said i just cant get one.

Update your resume with all of your new responsibilities and start shopping around. I would be very amazed if you couldn't get more than $15/hour within a week.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    oh i know im so fed up with it already, im basically starting a new system here at work, its fucking bull shit, and they say they can find someone else to replace me with it, then they made the comment if i get a diploma they would give me 15 an hour, fuck that im working on one i said i just cant get one.
    Usually when you move to a different position within a company they screw you on pay. Yes they're giving you more to do but don't really offer a comperable pay. Ask for $15 an hour now, forget waiting on the diploma because you're already doing to job. Don't listen to an offer from them unless it's in writing. Also let them know they're gonna have to pay someone else, who will be less experienced, more to come in and fill your position if you leave too.

If you can get more pay from them now, then stay. If not then it's time to move on. Always negotiate your pay when starting a new position--play hardball.

Black
    99 SS

I might but im sure most jobs want me to have a college degree and not just two years of it, even with my experience that i have

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by NICKLE57 View Post
    Update your resume with all of your new responsibilities and start shopping around. I would be very amazed if you couldn't get more than $15/hour within a week.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Usually when you move to a different position within a company they screw you on pay. Yes they're giving you more to do but don't really offer a comperable pay. Ask for $15 an hour now, forget waiting on the diploma because you're already doing to job. Don't listen to an offer from them unless it's in writing. Also let them know they're gonna have to pay someone else, who will be less experienced, more to come in and fill your position if you leave too.

If you can get more pay from them now, then stay. If not then it's time to move on. Always negotiate your pay when starting a new position--play hardball.
    but what can i say when they say no to me when i ask for money?

Black
    99 SS

fuck it i might as well do that, im going to start looking, this is my 3rd manager position already

in 2 different job places

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

but what can i say when they say no to me when i ask for money?
    Tell them, "See ya, thanks for playin". Just have another job prospect in the wings when you do.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

fuck it i might as well do that, im going to start looking, this is my 3rd manager position already

in 2 different job places
    You've got marketable skills!! Don't be intimidated by job requirements and crap. Look into jobs you know you can do, you'll be surprised at how much is available to you once you filter the bullshit out of their requirements. Every employer wants superman for minimum wage. They eventually realize superman don't come cheap.

Negotiate with confidence you can do the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information