Thread: exsaust help

black
    94 z28

exsaust help

so i put the pace setter long tubes on my car last weekend and cutout all of the old shit i want true duals with cutouts
    dont know alot about exsaust what i want to noe is what kind of setup would be best for performance x-pipe or h-pipe, what size tubing? where should the cutouts go and what size?

red
    95 Z28

No bigger than 3 inch pipe per side. An X pipe is traditionally a horsepower maker, and an h pipe is more along the lines of torque gains. Either will equalize the exhaust system and work well. cutouts as close to the collectors as possible. Use mufflers and carry the duals over the rear axle and out the back, otherwise it is obnoxiously loud inside the car.

black
    94 z28

i was lookin at that when i put on the headers i defenitly want duals do i have to run em side by side down the stock path or what just never seen it done on an lt1 is there room for mufflers after the axel

red
    95 Z28

you can put the mufflers before the axle if you want, my suggestion is just to have the setup exit at the stock location.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by kevinboy View Post
    i was lookin at that when i put on the headers i defenitly want duals do i have to run em side by side down the stock path or what just never seen it done on an lt1 is there room for mufflers after the axel
    Its the same as an LS1. Here is a 97 SS with shorty headers and TD's.

Thread Information