Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Plans to get myself outta debt

Ok so i'm looking to goto school for computer drafting in the spring. anyone have any experience with that that they can let me know what it's like and what i can expect. And also while i goto school and still work out at the refinery i was wondering about a side job or something i can do to make money on the side...maybe with my computer??? Any suggestions like selling shit on the internet for companies or any kind of ideas someone can give me? I have a pretty decent paying job right now, but going back to school and the debt i already have i just need to get myself more financially stable. It's taking me awhile in life but i think i'm finally starting to get some ambition and drive to figure out what i wanna do in the future.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I use Autodesk's AutoCad based software as well as Microstation to design as a Civil Engineer.

Just drafting will be a good clean job/career for you.

Autodesk has a conferance every year in Las Vegas which is a don't miss event.

Go for it.

Black
    2004 Z06

I suggest Web Design or Website Development first ... it's the first thing Employers/Clients ask if you can do ... big bucks just from this ability.

Also, try becoming an Intel Channel Partner as well as Microsoft Partner for product sales

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

cool, thanks guys and keep the advice coming...also any suggestions on something i can do on the side for a lil extra money?

Black
    2004 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    cool, thanks guys and keep the advice coming...also any suggestions on something i can do on the side for a lil extra money?
    Forget giggolo .. I already saturated the market ..

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    File bankruptcy. That got me out of debt pretty fuckin' fast.

if you do web design you MUST learn some programming languages too, i have a degree in web design/multimedia and never landed a job in it because all the employers want someone that knows 10 different computer languages as well so they can hire the whole package for one position. do drafting instead, web design is all 3-6 month contract positions anyways.

pewter
    1999 camaro Z28

try concrete thats what i do in wyoming i can make up to 1400 a week working for some one. I've been doing some side jobs to tear out and replace a patio 12' x 20' can take home 1500 for 6 hr of work with one labor and pay all the bills good money. Down fall hard work
    Last edited by mingo99z; 03-01-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: more info

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Ok so i'm looking to goto school for computer drafting in the spring. anyone have any experience with that that they can let me know what it's like and what i can expect. And also while i goto school and still work out at the refinery i was wondering about a side job or something i can do to make money on the side...maybe with my computer??? Any suggestions like selling shit on the internet for companies or any kind of ideas someone can give me? I have a pretty decent paying job right now, but going back to school and the debt i already have i just need to get myself more financially stable. It's taking me awhile in life but i think i'm finally starting to get some ambition and drive to figure out what i wanna do in the future.
    first thing you need to do to get out of bebt is to call every one of you credit card companys and ask them to lower your intrest rate...

then go tall up all your debt and go to a bank and get a personal loan (you may need a co-signer depending on your credit rating) and see what thier intrest rate is... if it is lower than all your intrest on your cards/loans in average then get that loan and pay them all off... cut up your cards and never ise them again... make $10.00 a month on the payment on your personal loan...

you personal loan may be more than what you are paying now combined depending on how many years you take the loan out for but it WILL get you out of debt faster...

then after this is done look in to the side work to make estra payments and save at least $100.00 a month in a savings account... don't touch that $ unless you direly need to... $100.00 a month is jack shit and any one can spare that...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    he is to young for that... it will fuck him for a very long time... he will not be able to buy a house with out a co signer with very good collateral and credit....

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

What about selling one of the T/as?

Planning to attend TSTC? I went back after countless and meaningless shit jobs. (Once had a job that worked 80-90hrs. a week just to make the so called big bucks ) The decision to go back has been one of the best choices and investments that I have made. (Paying for aquired bills was a bitch while attended).

Civil/Arch. or Mech/Elect. design?

If you have the chance, familiarize yourself with Solid Works or at least Inventor. You can take home a copy and find many home improvement ideas to design on . Talk to the head of the dept. Harold Fischer. He will show you the correct path enlightenment and a debt free future .
    BTW, I think that I was either 22 or 23 when I decided to go back.

primevil
    2000 FRC

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    I use Autodesk's AutoCad based software as well as Microstation to design as a Civil Engineer.

Just drafting will be a good clean job/career for you.

Autodesk has a conferance every year in Las Vegas which is a don't miss event.

Go for it.

Autodesk's AutoCad based software to do plumbing design as a Mech Engineer in San Antonio.

Good luck !

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Kid here in town ask me the same thing last summer.
    Took my advice (smart kid) and put an ad in the paper to clean your computer/speed it up/secure it/ all for $30 bucks. And he came to your place to do it. He used my website for SpyBot/AdAware/RegCleaner/AVG AntiVirus and Zone Alarm Firewall...all free...went to the house...downloaded the freebies...cleaned all the worms/trojans and bullshit programs starting up....locked it down and put a firewall on em....took him like 45 minutes....and walked out with $30 bucks. Kid made over $8000 dollars in 2 1/2 months.

silver
    2000 formula ws6

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mingo99z View Post
    try concrete thats what i do in wyoming i can make up to 1400 a week working for some one. I've been doing some side jobs to tear out and replace a patio 12' x 20' can take home 1500 for 6 hr of work with one labor and pay all the bills good money. Down fall hard work
    i agree with this guy there is very good money in concrete work, I know cause this is my line of work. I have one finisher @ 22.00 hr and one laborer @ 18.00 an hr. My point is you can make all the money if you can land a couple of side jobs for yourself, like friends and family always need some kind of concrete work.
    All though it is hard work it keeps me in great shape and get a free tan every year, plus your wont be stuck in some damn cubicle for 1/3 of your life. I geuss you could say if you like freedom while working, some kind of constrution job will take you there.http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif
    Wink

silver
    2000 formula ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Took my advice (smart kid) and put an ad in the paper to clean your computer/speed it up/secure it/ all for $30 bucks. And he came to your place to do it. He used my website for SpyBot/AdAware/RegCleaner/AVG AntiVirus and Zone Alarm Firewall...all free...went to the house...downloaded the freebies...cleaned all the worms/trojans and bullshit programs starting up....locked it down and put a firewall on em....took him like 45 minutes....and walked out with $30 bucks. Kid made over $8000 dollars in 2 1/2 months.
    you can make 8000 in a week if your not afraid of a little hard work.

silver
    2000 formula ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 00ws6m6 View Post
    you can make 8000 in a week if your not afraid of a little hard work.
    www.blackstonevalleyconcrete.com

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    That is a great idea!

You only need basic 'skillz' and do not have to be a 'Comp Nerd' to do this!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    now thats funny.....I can't think of anything faster other than hitting the lotto..so you are correct on this one!lol..!!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ws6m6 View Post
    I have seen this service at some of the pro athletes/Doctors/Lawyers etc houses that I have delivered to in the past..looks great when done in the correct manner.......!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information