Thread: help

red
    1992 Firebird

help

ive got a 92 firebird with the 3.1 v6 any suggestions on what performance mods to go with to make it a little bit quicker so that it doesnt have the feel of a stock v6.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Intake and exhuast is alwayz a good combination, cheapest place would probably be jcwhitney.com

put a whole aftermarket suspension on the car and it will hookup much better and get more power to the ground, changing gears will make it accelerate faster and an aftermarket intake/exhaust will add a little muscle

Silver
    2002 Z28

Intake, exhaust, gears, tune, if it's an auto, a stall. When things get serious, heads and cam, forged internals, then a power adder (blower, turbo, N2O). But for now, just help it breath better, then do a basic tune-up. I can't say I don't know a lot about the car, but I'm sure someone on here has built one up.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I had a 91 with a 3.1, not much aftermarket availible. I would recommend a motor swap or starting with a different platform. I mean these motors arent meant too be fast but more economical.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    put a whole aftermarket suspension on the car and it will hookup much better and get more power to the ground, changing gears will make it accelerate faster and an aftermarket intake/exhaust will add a little muscle
    I doubt jhe realy has a problem getting the power to the ground, what is the stock power on those anyway 150? 160? You're really only sensible choice is a motor swap, to even get to 200hp would be costly.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Lightbulb

*hint* Look for parts from a 3.4L. they are the same except for some internals, even they will swap over.
    3.4L is a stroked 3.1L, which is a bored 2.8L. Do the math bro.... Hope this helps.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    I doubt jhe realy has a problem getting the power to the ground, what is the stock power on those anyway 150? 160? You're really only sensible choice is a motor swap, to even get to 200hp would be costly.
    I'm speaking from experience and then I ended up doing a motor swap, but the suspension will make a big difference, and getting rid of the 26lb two piece drive shaft will too

Thread Information