Thread: launching

American Muscle

Blue
    2001 Formula

launching

i know this kind of post has been gone over a lot but i want to here a little more input before i go to the track. I've tried a few different ways to launch on the street but the only way i've found works without burning the tires off is holding it around 2k and letting the clutch out quick but smooth and easing on the throttle. Do you think that is a good way or is there somthing else i should try. I am also going to be getting 4.10s put in soon how much different will they be to launch.

thanks frank
    01 Formula M6 Dark BLue Metallic

Mods:SLP Lm Catback,Pacesetter Lt's with off road Y pipe, Complete Slp cold air kit,Free mods, B&M ripper shifter,cartek dyno tune,Umi Lca's and panhard rod,Ls7 Clutch Kit,4.10's,mickeyT Dr's,and TT2's
    12.51 1/4 @113 340rwhp 352rwtq

Black
    2000 Z28

i usually ride the clutch a little bit, like go to 3k and slowly let the clutch out to where i dont spin but I dont bog either. But what ever works best for you is what you should do

1966 Corvette Coupe

yeah i need some advice on this im thinking about taking the vette out next week and i have no idea how to launch it... i could launch my atv ok... and ive launched a 5.0 stang a few times, but that was rev it and dump it... and the atv was always launched in second and it was on dirt so its not like i could keep it from spinning...

-me

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Uhhhhhhh you guys ever here of the trial by error method?? PRACTICE...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by formy01 View Post
    i know this kind of post has been gone over a lot but i want to here a little more input before i go to the track. I've tried a few different ways to launch on the street but the only way i've found works without burning the tires off is holding it around 2k and letting the clutch out quick but smooth and easing on the throttle. Do you think that is a good way or is there somthing else i should try. I am also going to be getting 4.10s put in soon how much different will they be to launch.

thanks frank
    that's pretty much how i did it when i had a stick car. some ride the clutch out instead.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

clutches dont last long with the PRACTICE METHOD, but thats just me

red
    96 camaros Z28

hey man i gotta 99 ss m6, and was out last night and got some good practice in racing my buddies 97 ws6 a4. we went from a dead dig to about 105 like 6 or 7 times in a row. all i have is street tires. my advice to you after my trial and error is to slip the clutch at about 2200 and never mash to the boards in 1st gear. after your outta the clutch gradually but steadily onto the gas,tach er up to 6100 (by this time i was almost full throttle) hit second then to the boards. That was the fastest method by far.

black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

practice practice practice clutches always get replaced at least once with these cars especially if you are new to the ls1 launch at different rpms but try to stay away from 4k and up cause you can mess up your rearend i learned that the hard way i tried to learn to granny shift my car to conserve gas but these cars were built to be driven fast you gotta get use to the speed of the car its not a everyday car thats why i got me a gas saver to drive to work

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

but practice is the only Only way

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

With the 4.10's it's easy to get a decent (2.1 sec. 60' on street tires) time. You basically launch the car at 1300 rpms, and then just roll into the throttle, wait till your 15 feet out,and then roll into it hard. You should get a decent slip, though you might wanna be cautious on the 1-2 shift.

Let us know how it goes at the track.

red
    1999 transam

this is why i run auto. their a thin line between get in right the first time and missing it the second time around. get it right and you run great times. with a auto all i worry about is the tree,cutting a good light.

Thread Information