Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Sputtering at low rpm

Hey all. i have changed fuel filter, plugs and wires, air filter... etc recently, but the car still continues to have some slight performance issues. also, in hptuners, i have noticed that the o2 readings for each bank are slightly different - causing me to wonder if perhaps a cat is going out. anyway, under heavy acceleration the car runs fine and the scans show nothing wrong, but recently just cruisin around town the damn thing got kinda sputtery and so i parked it and came in and searched these forums but never found anything... anything helpful you guys could suggest?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

can you send me an hptuners log of it sputtering? ibzrg6@aol.com and I'll look at it and see if anything jumps out at me. Usually, but not always, a cat will plug up and effect WOT performance too. I seriously doubt a cat is your root problem. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor yet? Check for exhaust leaks on the leaner bank of the two also.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    can you send me an hptuners log of it sputtering? ibzrg6@aol.com and I'll look at it and see if anything jumps out at me. Usually, but not always, a cat will plug up and effect WOT performance too. I seriously doubt a cat is your root problem. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor yet? Check for exhaust leaks on the leaner bank of the two also.
    the leaner is bank 2, pass side. the pass side has had a tick noise ever since i've had the car... thought it might be a lifter makin a little noise bc it doesn't sound like an exhaust leak to me but anything's possible with inexperience lol.

i guess i should go ahead and clean the maf too, it's actually a new sensor that i got from a member here - used, but new to me and it has the screen and all of that jazz.

the reason i have been thinking cat had to do with the fact that i spaced and turned off COT with my first flash on HPTuners and i haven't been able to remember to turn it back on yet... that'll be the first thing i do but i will be surprised if it isn't too late.

Thread Information