silver
    2000 camaro ss

Just Got My First Ss. Luv It Have Some Questions???

just purchased a 2000 siver ss with t-tops. 6 speed only 10600 miles on it. was garaged whole time. still smells new. paid 16500.00 for it. had to drive down to virgina from jersey 2 pick it up. man do i luv it. i am a former stang guy. dont know what took me long to jump to chevy. these things boogie. anyway was going to get the whole slp set up. lid, mass air,bellow. was thinking about getting the fast toys ram air kit. i have heard it is better than the slp one. does anyone have this. i know you have to cut the air box with this kit. do you have to cut into the airbox with the slp cold air kit? what kind of hp #'s is all of this really worth. just looking to do induction at the current time. any help would be great. thanks

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Save the money and get a lid and don't even bother with the MAF.

black
    2001 z28 camaro

i have the full slp induction(lid,bellow,mass air) set up on my z28 n i like it .... slp says the kit itself adds about 10hp , rates the bellow at up to 6 hp and rates the mass air up to 10hp . i dont know much about that other kit so its hard for me to compare the 2 but im partial to slp performance parts
    2001 Z28 Camaro
    12.9@107 (8/05)
    Dirty Jersey Domestics

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KJERSEYSS
    just purchased a 2000 siver ss with t-tops. 6 speed only 10600 miles on it. had to drive down to virgina from jersey 2 pick it up. man do i luv it. i am a former stang guy. dont know what took me long to jump to chevy. these things boogie.
    Welcome!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Either cold air kit you'll need to do the fra mod..which is gutting the lower assembly and the baffle. Leave the maf alone and just get the lid, and the bellow if you like the way it looks...that's about all its good for IMO. Also port your throttle body and do the bump stop mod...after you do the bump stop make sure the throttle cable is properly adjusted. And depending on how much induction you're looking for...you can throw a ls6 intake manifold on that puupy too.

99 Firebird Formula

I would not waste my time with the SLP setup.

Get a used lid, ~$50. The bellows, come on now, do you really want to pay $65 or whatever for a piece of silicone you could probably find at Lowe's? The stock MAF is good well over 500hp, that should not be a concern either...

If you are looking for the best bang for the buck... you should be considering the following... ANY air lid, LS6 intake, long tube headers, catback exhaust, a tune, maybe an underdrive pulley, etc...those are the basics that'll get you hoppin'...

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I don't there is any cold air intake that could net more than ten horse power so it doesn't really matter what brand you get. I like the way the SLP lid looks and i like their products in general. I agree to leave to MAF alone. And yes, you do have to cut the lower air box for the SLP CAI.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

What they said, leave the MAF alone. There is NO need to upgrade. The only thing you'll gain by going with an A/M MAF is more headaches.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Silver
    At least its paid for.

I have Fast toys ram air. You do have to do a little cutting on the lower box assembly. They say it will give you up to 15 horsepower and 1-2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. I have never been to the track so I don't know. I have read other posts saying it did help there 1/4 mile time and mph.

Thread Information