Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro SS

Best tires to chose?

On a set of 17x11 wheels, which would be the best tire to chose for daily street use??

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Redirwol1
    On a set of 17x11 wheels, which would be the best tire to chose for daily street use??
    I have had several different brands (i.e. goodyear, bfg, parelli, khumo, firestone, cooper, bridgestone, fuzion, general,etc.) and I would suggest the Fuzions because they should come in any size you will need and they are alot cheaper, plus the are a really good all round street tire.

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Diamondhead, MS huh!! so exactly where is that north or south ms, my wife is from Olive branch. Miss. is a really pretty place.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Lightbulb

I am running 315/35R17 Sumitomo HTR35Z for $110 each. Good for General purpose tires. If you have enough positive offset and a killer suspension set up, I have seen
    335/35R17's fit a Camaro, but more than a little body roll will cause rubbing.I am looking for new 315's myself. -Tim
    Last edited by PaganEgyptian; 12-09-2005 at 12:54 PM.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Have to look what your going to do with the car. Burn them off, drag race, or just daily drive. Quality of tire versus price with what you are going to do. If your gonna drive it a lot or road course. Too many factors and not enough info.

quicky06
    dont get the fuzions. those tires were disigned for smaller lighter cars to drive daily and go drifting now and then. they wont last long on our cars

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by quicky06
    dont get the fuzions. those tires were disigned for smaller lighter cars to drive daily and go drifting now and then. they wont last long on our cars

Actually, they where designed to fill the large rim market weather it was for high horsepower sports cars, trucks, imports, etc.

Now for not lasting long on Fbodys, I will have to disagree. I have had my Fuzions since March '04 and they still have atleast 1/2, probably closer to 3/4 of the tread life left. Now these tires have only been to the track twice, but for a everyday street tire, they wear very well. The best wearing street tire I have had was the Bridgestone RE730, I got like 30k(+) miles out of them. So far I have about 20k(+) miles on my Fuzions, so I am still waiting to see if they end up being the best for me.

The worst wearing tire I have had so far was the Factory Goodyears, then would be the BFG KDW.
    1990 Camaro RS - Red / 1992 Camaro RS - Black / 2003 Honda Civic EX - Silver / 2005 Chev. Tahoe LT - White

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

If you are looking for relativly inexpensive the Sumitumo's are very good either the HTR+ or the HTR35Z are good for everyday driving. If you are looking for a good tire not too worried of price Brigstone RE750 are nice very quiet also very good in the rain. And just to throw it in the Pirelli P Zero Nero is a very good around town tire with good all season traction.

-00BlueTA

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlueTA
    If you are looking for a good tire not too worried of price Brigstone RE750 are nice very quiet also very good in the rain.
    -00BlueTA

The Bridgestone RE750 is a good tires, they are the updated version of the RE730.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

I will never endorse Pirelli Tires. I had a set of P7000 SS 275/40R17's on my wheels. I nicked a curb and it ripped the sidewall 3 inches long. I found the sidewall is paper thin on them... I should have know as they were only indexed at 93 instead of 98 like most quality tires. After 4/32nds of wear, they get rock hard. To say the least, I will never endorse them. -Tim

Fuzions

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Yes the P7000 was and is if you can still find them a horrible tire. But the ratings as well as the performance from what I've used and had customers tell me on the P Zero Nero's is very very much improved.

-00BlueTA

Black
    02 Z06

How are eagle f1's ?

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Well there are a few different varieties of the F1's they are all pretty much over priced. The only half decent ones are the F1 EMT like whats on the vettes. The GSD3's are ok, but again not worth the money.

-00BlueTA

Black
    02 Z06

well I was just wondering because my father owns a hot rod shop and gets discounts on tires. My car is a daily driver and I never drive it in the rain or bad conditions all it sees is dry cement.

I've seen the f1 win A LOT of catgorys . Isn't it pretty good for an all around tire? Cornering , digs , wear pattern.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Well just ask your father then what he thinks about them. First hand experiance will be the best factor to learn about any product. And yes the Goodyear racing ealge is a very very nice tire. However a lot of goodyears technology hasnt changed in years where others have started using silca and other matterials to increase wet/dry handeling as well as snow/mud. But still for the money F1's arent worth it.

-00BlueTA

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    How are eagle f1's ?

I am not fond of the Goodyear F1, I think them are way over priced for what you get.

If you only driving on hot and dry pavement the KDW grips really well, but the wear really fast too. Also, if you get caught in the rain becareful and go straight home.

Fuzions are good all round tire, now they don't have quit the hard cornering abilities like the KDW does in hot & dry weather, but they sure do surpass the KDW in wet or bad weather conditions. Plus the Fuzions last longer too. For me the trade off is worth it. Another one the handles good in all weather is the Bridgestone RE750, plus it handles like the KDW on the perfect weather days too. But it is more expensive than the Fuzions too. Also RE750 does ok on snow, but would not recommend it for snow use. The Fuzion is decent on snow, but still would recommend someone to get a true snow tire for heavy snow conditions.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 TA

I LOVE my BFG G-Force KDs, get about 30k to a set and the price is really high, but the performance is spectacular.

I run 275s in front and 315s on the back. You may have to run 32-35 psi in the back to keep them wearing evenly on the 315s. My rims are 10.5in.

Regards,
    Darden
    Last edited by Senator; 12-15-2005 at 09:33 AM.
    02 NBM TA - Mecham New Version Hood/Wing, Jet Hot/Hooker Headers, ProDyno exh, Chrome ROH ZS, Volant, Corvette LS1 MAF, Hotchkis LCAs, STB & Adj. PHR, BMR SFCs, Global West Traclink, SLP Bilstiens, Firehawk springs, B&M Ripper, Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.10s, Eaton Posi, LS1 Edit, Hurst line lock- more.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

30k is wonderful milage. You are very nice to your tires. Myself (on my old 98 mustang) and my brother on his (02 Roush) have tried the KD and KDWS and most either of us got out of both of them was 17k. And thats to the cords.

-00BlueTA

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow...i'm glad i read this, A+ post. I have fusions and i'll need new ones. I have about 35,000 miles on them and that's over the course of about 1.5 years...that's a LOT of driving.

Frankly i thought they sucked, but after reading this i realized they diserve a lot of props. i'm not experienced enough with performance tires and looking at the above, appearantly mine are doing well.

i think it's like 650 to get all 4 and install....prolly gonna do it again soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information