Thread: 7's??

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

7's??

Well guys im gettin close. I tried every trick in the book last night. I took out the seats, spare tire etc. I ran at Jefferson-Pageland again. Weather was shitty all the way down, but I called ahead and they said it had not rained all day there. Anyway I pull in the gate and the place is a ghost town except for the track crew. I walk up to the tower and spoke with the track manager.. he was cool .. he told me they would probally not run because every one assumed that it was raining so there was no crowd. He told me I could run my car as long as I wanted until they shut the gates.. Hell he didnt even make me pay an entrace fee.

Anyway... he has a 06 trail blazer SS with the LS2 in it and asked me to run him.... Im figuring ok Id like to see what that thing has..

So we line up and run.. My car did not hook like it was the other week when I posted pics of it snatching the front wheels..er the drivers side wheel. I spun the damn tires off of it on that pass.. needless to say it was no contest.. He ran a 9.30 something to my....drum roll..... 8.15@ 90mph.. So far it was my best et. He was an extremly nice guy and complimented my car. I have to say that damn SS was bad ass.. I mean he ran it a few more times and got some 8.60's out of it..After more talking to him .. he had the gas on it I think he said a 100 shot and some kind of torque converter.

It soon got real cold and the track went to shit. there was only 6 total cars that were running.. I made 2 more passes and each time I got the car into second gear it would break loose so bad the crew finally decided to shut it down due to the moisture.. not rain.. just that shitty mist stuff that really pisses you off and you have to turn on your wipers only to find you streaked up your newly cleaned windows.

As i was was putting air back into my tires and getting the car ready for the ride home... I noticed that the car was sitting funny.. Statred looking around under the car and realized I have bent the passengers side LCA. Not too bad but noticeable.. I guess you guys were right about my 6000 rpm launches..

I will order some BMR,s for it next week and maybe take it back to see what else I can break.

Steve

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Congrats on the good passes. At 90 you should be deep in the 7's so you should probably look at your sixty foot times. When I hit 90 my car is in the 7.4's or 7.5's. Normally I only run 88-89 in the 1/8 and Et's are 7.6's...
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Black
    06' GTO

You are correct. My 60fts are killin me. I think after the LCA's and Some subframes they might improve.

Thanks
    Steve

NBM
    2000 TA

oh in the 8th, thought you ment 1/4 at first
    cuz only duke is bad enough to run 7's I hear. (in the 1/4)

Black
    06' GTO

I wish it was in the 1/4!!

Steve

Red
    1998 WS6

Thad be a hellof a launch to run 7s in the 1/4.......... @90mph lol

camaro_ss_97_
    well i went to the track in huntsville on friday night my first time ever to race my car. i went 8.4 on motor and then 7.8 on a 100 shot my mph for the nitrous pass was 89. i have a 97 ss a4 stock no converter either.

Thread Information