Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

2002 Trans Am fog light switch Q

Has anyone changed the color of the fog light switch on a 4th gen TA? If so how do you wire the pos and neg leads of the leds? I have a write up for the fog light switch from a Camaro. Unforetanely, the TA switch is different. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Dave1970; 03-03-2007 at 03:12 AM.
    Dave1970
    SE Texas (High Island)
    2002 WS6 TA
    Strano Performance Sway Bars and Springs
    UMI Performance LCAs, PHB, Adj. TQ., drive shaft safety loop, & TA relocation bracket
    Koni SA shocks
    Textralia Clutch, T56Rebuilt Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ Lou Short Stick, & McLeod adj. master cylinder

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1970 View Post
    Has anyone changed the color of the fog light switch on a 4th gen TA? If so how do you wire the pos and neg leads of the leds? I have a write up for the fog light switch from a Camaro. Unforetanely, the TA switch is different. Thanks for the input.
    Why bother? Spend your time making the car go faster! I haven't done it (change the LED) but in general, if the LED is rated for the right voltage (10 - 12 volts) and you put it in & get no light, reverse the leads and it should work. LEDs are not like light bulbs that don't care what the wiring polarity is: you have to reverse bias an LED to make it light so the way it's wired DOES make all the difference in the world (assuming you don't have a defective LED).
    Last edited by Fastcar; 01-20-2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: added info

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Why bother? Spend your time making the car go faster! I haven't done it (change the LED) but in general, if the LED is rated for the right voltage (10 - 12 volts) and you put it in & get no light, reverse the leads and it should work. LEDs are not like light bulbs that don't care what the wiring polarity is: you have to reverse bias an LED to make it light so the way it's wired DOES make all the difference in the world (assuming you don't have a defective LED).
    This is less than $100 mod to change the color of the lights. Just hate the the red interior lighting. Next performance mod for this year is the 12-bolt rear end w/ 3.90 ratio and a brake upgrade. I've scheduled this project car over a four year period. I was in a break, so I started on some of simple mods while I had some time off from work.

Thread Information