orange
    99 z28

big problems with tranny

I apparently got ripped off bad by atr motorsports in joliet il. i paid 7 grand after being quoted 3.5-4 grand after waiting 3 months after being told it would take 2-3 weeks.

i had them replace the engine tranny and clutch (all used) and a cam.the engine and clutch are ok although they left it with a check engine light (no tune whatsoever i guess). but the reason i needed a new tranny was 2nd gear grinded and the stick shook pretty bad when in 2nd. when i got it back no grind going into 2nd for a week but still shook horribly, then...bam, no 2nd. it just revs like its in nuetral when in 2nd but still no grind. i'm thinking the cheaps bastards just replaced the synchros.

what kind of legal action and or threats can i make. i'm amazed i haven't gone after the prick, but i need to do something. any suggestions?

and does anyone know if that is just a bad 2nd or what?

thanks

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I would imagine they would offer you some type of warranty, i ran into the same issue with a local shop and i went too our jag office for you try too goto or find a attorney that will rep. you. Call the guys that did the work and see if they will stand behind there work if not then let them know the route you are gonna take. Thats alot of cash too still have problems. Also report them too the bbb.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Thread Information