Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 275 Hp -v6?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down 275 Hp -v6?

I read this:

A. The 2009 Camaro will incorporate an independent rear suspension and offer a manual or automatic transmission. Customers will be able to choose from a V6 engine or a V8 engine to power their Camaro. Horsepower ratings have yet to be announced for the production Camaro. The Camaro concept houses a small-block V8 engine, rated at 400 horsepower. More Camaro production features will be announced in the future. We're going to guess the V8 will be a derivative of the 2008 Vette's 6.2L LS3 at about 420hp and the V6 will be a derivative of GM's "high-feature" 3.6LV6, now used in the Holden Commodore, at about 275hp

That's pretty amazing for a V6 output isn't it? I just think of the saving on GAS without that much sacrifice on horsepower compared to our Stock TAs. I believe that just 2 more cylinders does hurt our pocket through the long run at the gas pump.

The New Camaro does have a pretty sleak body..... but I don't think the body has that more going on then the 4th Gen Firebirds. The nice part about the Camaro is the Wider rear... The rear is comparable to the TA. Looking at the photos, if you can get a wrap around spoiler for those Camaros, you got yourself one looker of a car. Based on the 420 HP output of its V8, I think the Retail Price of the vehicle will be pretty pricey this time around, probably over $30,000. I like to own one of those, though I think it will begin price in at $40,000. At that price, I think most people's interest will be axe and production for the model will not last very long.

What do you say?

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

plenty of time to start saving up!!

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Lots of V6's out there already producing 275+ hp.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry The 3000 GT

Which V6s out there are producing that many horsepower? I guess what I'm referring to is a "hot-looking" V6 that produces that many HP and not sacrificing body styling?

One of the vehicle that I test drove in the past that produced significant rear wheel torque was the Mitsubishi 3000 GT V6. Man, that vehicle at one time looked so much hotter than the Trans Am for many years. The cockpit of the GT is very tight!!! More than that, those beast kept their value for many years as well.

Matt

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Which V6s out there are producing that many horsepower? I guess what I'm referring to is a "hot-looking" V6 that produces that many HP and not sacrificing body styling?

One of the vehicle that I test drove in the past that produced significant rear wheel torque was the Mitsubishi 3000 GT V6. Man, that vehicle at one time looked so much hotter than the Trans Am for many years. The cockpit of the GT is very tight!!! More than that, those beast kept their value for many years as well.

Matt
    aren't the NON-Turbo ones... FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!!!!... then the TURBO one is AWD...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No the non turbos are rear wheel, and the new G35 and 350zs are 3.5 v6s that make 330hp.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    No the non turbos are rear wheel, and the new G35 and 350zs are 3.5 v6s that make 330hp.
    I've seen the Engine bay in the 3000GT SL... the engine is transversly mounted... in other words... FWD style... and seen them take off too... spinin them fronts... ( a friend of mine had a Stealth)

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah they are front wheel my bad, i totaly forgot that an AWD car converts easier to front wheel. 275 out of a v6 aint shit, the maxima has and acura TLs have been making that since the late 90s. Atleast the v6 camaro wil lbe able to keep up with the Pre05 mustang GTs lol

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Yeah they are front wheel my bad, i totaly forgot that an AWD car converts easier to front wheel. 275 out of a v6 aint shit, the maxima has and acura TLs have been making that since the late 90s. Atleast the v6 camaro wil lbe able to keep up with the Pre05 mustang GTs lol
    you can easilly get 275hp (motor) out of the 1998-2002 models 3.8L... I mean... a good Port Job... Cam...Intake and Exhaust...and you're golden

a friend of mine in his N/A 300ZX after porting Exhaust and stuff...almost kept up with me...with 3 ppl in my car...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah but i mean the Acura TLS comes with 270hp from factory

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Cadillac also has some 300+ hp V6's in their latest models.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

What cadillac is that?

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

07 350z don't make 330 it's closer to 300

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No the new 3.5 that the G35 and 350z share makes 330

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

I think it's actually a 3.7 and the new G coupe with 330 hp is the G37.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

What cadillac is that?
    I read it in the latest Car&Driver issue that had the '08 model year preview. Can't remember all the details on which models they were, I think 1 was the STS. They commented how the new V6 w/300 hp was really close to the hp level in the available V8 (which had 330ish)

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The V6's with good power don't make any better fuel mileage. My wifes 2007 Eclipse with a 265HP V6 does the same as my T/A in town and worse on the highway.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

How does that Eclipse compared in Acceleration to your TA? A coworker of mine had one..... I always mentioned how quick it is. I was going to trade in my TA for an Eclipse because of engine problems.

I have not own a V6 for 7 years now, but I see that the V6s do save gave over the V8. Hell, my TA sucks up more juice than a comparable V8 Expedition. I believe TA suck up juice very well when you are pushing the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The V6's with good power don't make any better fuel mileage. My wifes 2007 Eclipse with a 265HP V6 does the same as my T/A in town and worse on the highway.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

How does that Eclipse compared in Acceleration to your TA? A coworker of mine had one..... I always mentioned how quick it is. I was going to trade in my TA for an Eclipse because of engine problems.

I have not own a V6 for 7 years now, but I see that the V6s do save gave over the V8. Hell, my TA sucks up more juice than a comparable V8 Expedition. I believe TA suck up juice very well when you are pushing the pedal.
    It's not even close. My T/A would put bus lengths on the Eclipse easy. The new body style is much faster than the old ones, but still not fast. It's a good chick car. I would go insane if I had to drive it all the time.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Keep your foot out of the firewall and you will see your gas mileage go up. I'm getting an average 23mpg (got 32 one time on a trip) and my brothers V8 expedition only gets 16. My Mom's V8 Ford van is only getting 13.

Thread Information