BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Angry whaaaaaa my car is junk!!!!

I got my car about 8 months ago and life was great. Since then I have started to have a few problems. I took my car to a local shop for simple maintanence(sp?) and it seems they took it on a few joy rides and finished off my tranny which I knew wasnt the greatest so I never was hard on it. Now I need a new 4l60e.I cant prove it but I know it. I have some weird idle/surging thing going on which I cant figure out as well(which is my main concern).I just paid 700 bucks to fix my air and its not even cold(have to take it back tomorrow).Damn sometimes it just seems like when it rains it pours. Well I am done but I am wondering if my car is ever gonna make me as happy as I was 8 months ago.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I got my car about 8 months ago and life was great. Since then I have started to have a few problems. I took my car to a local shop for simple maintanence(sp?) and it seems they took it on a few joy rides and finished off my tranny which I knew wasnt the greatest so I never was hard on it. Now I need a new 4l60e.I cant prove it but I know it. I have some weird idle/surging thing going on which I cant figure out as well(which is my main concern).I just paid 700 bucks to fix my air and its not even cold(have to take it back tomorrow).Damn sometimes it just seems like when it rains it pours. Well I am done but I am wondering if my car is ever gonna make me as happy as I was 8 months ago.
    let them know... tell them i have my milage documented and that they put on several more miles while it was in thier shop...

go to an autozone and have them do a free scan... write down any and all codes they tell you...

is your car cammed? a camed car will run really shitty with the A/C on...

$700.00 to fix your air?! wtf?! you got ripped to hell man... to fix your air go to once again autozone and get a AC recharge kit... they are not expensive and you just push a charge bottle in to your ac bunghole thing and it refills your ac and it should be ice cold for you...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

no dude I got a new compressor etc. put on

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    let them know... tell them i have my milage documented and that they put on several more miles while it was in thier shop...

go to an autozone and have them do a free scan... write down any and all codes they tell you...

is your car cammed? a camed car will run really shitty with the A/C on...

$700.00 to fix your air?! wtf?! you got ripped to hell man... to fix your air go to once again autozone and get a AC recharge kit... they are not expensive and you just push a charge bottle in to your ac bunghole thing and it refills your ac and it should be ice cold for you...
    Those a/c recharge kits are definitely cheaper but they dont work as good as a professional a/c machine works. putting on about 4 mi is often common practice in my experience as a tech provided theres reason for a road test. If they were jus taking his car out because they wanted to go fuck around then yeah, thats bullshit.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

this is why i try to do all of my own work. *sigh* GOOD LUCK man, and nice car btw.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    this is why i try to do all of my own work. *sigh* GOOD LUCK man, and nice car btw.

same here... i make it a point to let the who ever is working on my car know (unless it is pheonix performance they can do what ever they want ) that i have the miles written down and that if some on takes it out for a joy ride that i will not have an ounce of empathy for them as i beat them to a bloody pulp... i actually watched one garage push my car in to the garage to get my clutch swapped ... i felt like a dick... but fuck it... my car wasn't beaten by some moron...

your car adapts to how you drive it... when some one else drives it, it is like your car getting a yeast infection... it irritates it....

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yea I have a messed up back so I cant do any work on it. Believe me I told that shop 2 time dont let anyone "test drive " my car but they did anyway. Believe me I slammed them online as well. It wont happen again thats for sure. They acted like I was crazy. They thought I wouldnt notice cause they reset the trip deal on the odometer. Fken a**holes!

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Yeah, that sucks. I never let anyone work on my car that I don't fully trust. There's only one shop I Trust: AUTOVILLE SERVICE 916.722.4022. The owner Gardiner is really cool and let's me stick around and learn about my car. Sometimes he lets me jump in and just work on my car.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

...your car adapts to how you drive it... when some one else drives it, it is like your car getting a yeast infection... it irritates it....
    ^^ Excellent analogy I like that!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

your car adapts to how you drive it... when some one else drives it, it is like your car getting a yeast infection... it irritates it....
    quite possibly the greatest quote of ls1.com

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Atleast you're not driving a third gen.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

welcome to owning a gm. all but 1 of mine were crapola. the one good one...86 cutlass

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Atleast you're not driving a third gen.
    but honestly, tell us how you REALLY feel about 3rd gens

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am getin her fixed little by little. The damn car was perfect just a month ago. Its hard to find a trustworthey person to work on your car when your health is bad. I never had this problem before because I did all my own work as well. After she is all fixed I am gettin her painted.

Thread Information