Black
    98 SS

lifter question and stuff

Hey all, will the LS7 lifters work fine on a 98 SS? I'm doing a heads and cam in my car and aiming for around 400hp. So far I have a set of stage III heads, Comp 918 springs, Crane 1.8 adjustable rockers and pushrods. I was just trying to save a little doe and thought the LS7's would be a little better then OEM on my 98. Also...if I bought heads that flow a little too well (losing low end torque) what should I do or not do (LS6 intake, throttle body, cam that has more low end torque) . I already have 373 gears. Thanks again.
    Jeff

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i'm still using the factory lifters. really no need to upgrade, unless you just want to.

heads won't cause a loss of low end. i did a head swap on the wife's car and picked up 37 rwhp on stock cam across the board.

i see you are in sanford. not too far from me. we'll have to meet up one day.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    98 SS

Hey Rob, yeah we will have to hook up again when I get this head swap done I'm doing. I met you before about my exhaust. My lifters were making terrible racket so Vinci said I need to replace them and my springs at least.
    Jeff

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

LS7 lifters are not upgrades - the orignal lifters have been superceded with the LS7's

some ls1's as we all know have a habbit of ticking a bit - how many miles are on the car? swapping a new set isnt a bad idea - plus TEXAS SPEED has them on sale currently $135 + shipping

forget wasting the money on upgrading the rocker arms - stockers are more then plenty plus adjustables are nothing but head aches - plan on adjusting once a year minimum... Not worth the slight gains IMO

what cam are you looking at?
    depending on the cam choise you may want to go with better spring

LS6 intake DO
    throttle body - DIY port/polish or pick one up used (TR swap isnt bad either 180 plus your core)

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by cm2papa View Post
    Hey Rob, yeah we will have to hook up again when I get this head swap done I'm doing. I met you before about my exhaust. My lifters were making terrible racket so Vinci said I need to replace them and my springs at least.
    Jeff
    ah yes i remember now. you came to my house and took a ride in the wife's car with your brother behind us in his srt4.

Thread Information