Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Question SLP Diablo Sport II

Anyone have any experience with this tuner? Can A/F ratio be adjusted? Also, can it be used to diag and clear codes? Can it download updates? I have a 2001 Camaro SS with only 4,0XX miles. Only mods are SLP lid and GMMG cat back. With tuner I would run 160 stat. Future mods may be Edelbrock shorty headers (need to retain cats for emissions) and SLP 2.5" Y-pipe. Is this tuner worth the money for a realtivaly stock car without LT headers, larger MAF, and head/cam mods?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Diablo tuners man. I haven't used one myself. I have a HyperTech and I'm pretty happy w/ it since my car is mostly stock and the programmer has given it more gains. I've never heard of a Programmer adjusting the A/F...only things like a "MAF Translator"...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    I've heard nothing but bad things about the Diablo tuners man. I haven't used one myself. I have a HyperTech and I'm pretty happy w/ it since my car is mostly stock and the programmer has given it more gains. I've never heard of a Programmer adjusting the A/F...only things like a "MAF Translator"...
    Are you serious? Man I hope not...hypertech is complete crap and is very limited in what it does...especially for the price. You should of asked around on this site before you bought that IMO.

The predator and the vinci are both the best that are out there...for handhelds anyway. I own a predator and as far as that goes, yes it allows you to adjust the a/f, timing and all that....you can also download custom tunes for it through your computer. This is copied from RWTD site........

The DiabloSport Predator programmer provides high performance flash tuning and OBD-II diagnostics capabilities in one module. Designed for the 99 to current Ford & GM vehicles (Application List). The DiabloSport Predator is a tunable performance module, which utilizes flash technology to reprogram the original ECU chip for optimum performance and derivability. The DiabloSport Predator gives the user ability to adjust selected parameters to suit their own applications and needs. The Predator will also include diagnostic features, such as the ability to read fault codes and erase them, as well as live data from your vehicle's sensors; this technology was also borrowed from our OBD-II tool, the Hellion.
    - Screen Size is 300% larger than the competition
    - Ability to have customized programming which can be done via email/internet (see below**) (handheld competition does not offer)
    - Quicker programming than the competition (takes approx. 2 min.)
    - OBD-II diagnostic software (includes live data monitoring of MPH, RPM, IAT, ECT, LTFT, STFT, O2 Voltage, Timing, KR detection, as well as many other sensors (competition does not offer)
    - Revised Torque Management Settings for optimum performance
    - Eliminates CAGS (Skip Shifting) on the 6-speed manual transmissions (GM)
    - User adjustability. the user can set their own parameters. Choose from DiabloSport's performance program, have a custom performance program made for you by Runnin' With The Devil** (optional feature, please inquire), or modify the performance program your own:

Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 2.xx up to a 6.xx in .01 increments.
    Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down.
    Power Enrichment (Fuel): Will adjust from -5% to +5% at WOT
    Spark (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% at WOT
    Shift Adaption (duration): Allows user to adjust the time delay during the gear change, i.e. quickness of the shift, from -25% up to +25%
    Shift Points (MPH): Allows user to adjust at what MPH the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 1 mph increments.
    Shift Points (RPM): Allows user to adjust at what RPM the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
    Shift Pressure: Allows user to adjust the firmness of the shift action, for each individual gear, from -25% up to +25%
    Rev Limit: Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
    Wheel Sizing:
    Factory Wheel Size: Enter the factory tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 275/40-17
    Actual Wheel Size: Enter the actual tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 305/35-18
    The Predator then calculates the difference in overall height for proper speedo calibration
    http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/gmgas.htm

Black
    2001Ws6 TransAm

I have a "coustom Tune" from RWTD on my predator and man is it a gas. The Hypertech is short on it's abilities to get all the adjustments mentioned above. The Diablo is the best. Read what been posted in the archives on this site. There is some good advice.
    Last edited by Thunda; 03-20-2006 at 02:26 PM.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

I went to the dyno, did a run stock A4 with lid and put down 284 SAE rwhp, put in the out of the box Predator tune and put down 307.1 SAE rwhp on the same dyno and same day. When I added long tube headers I needed to get a cutom tune and do another dyno to get my WOT A/F correct. Now, with only LT headers, FIPK, home ported t.b and catback it puts down 342 rwhp SAE. If you don't know how to use PC type tuners like HP tuners etc.... Then this is great for getting A/F correct at WOT and adjusting shift points on a A4 etc.... I am glad I bought one...A custom tune is the unltimate though and I should gain 2/10ths when I do get one. My car dyno'd low for a 02, but, must have been the tuning since I gained so much from just the Predator tune unmodified. Since then I have had some custom tunes sent from RWTD for the car after the LT headers and fixed some fuel trim issues and brought my gas mileage back to where it should. I've used it many times to reset check engine lights too... On your car, you really won't see a difference adding shorty headers and the Y, the stock ones flow pretty good on the 01 and 02 cars, earlier cars(98-00) seen a gain. Would be better to spend the money elsewhere unless looks is what your after.

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks for the replys. So basically, the SLP diablo has the same features as the predator but with SLP custom tune?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Just get the regular predator...the slp one just has pre-intstalled tunes for their "power packages"...which are gay.

Thread Information