Thread: NOS for 402

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

NOS for 402

I got a SLP 402 with LS6 heads. I want to spray now. I've heard that some people had trouble with these engines. But I want a 200 shot. Think this will take it?

It should be okay with a good tune.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSS
    I got a SLP 402 with LS6 heads. I want to spray now. I've heard that some people had trouble with these engines. But I want a 200 shot. Think this will take it?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

What about my rear end? And what NOS system do you recommend?

Sticky tires? If so it won't last too long. You can always run it until it breaks, then replace it with something stronger. We have a few direct port kits along with our Brute Force dual nozzle kit that would work for you. Let me know if you have any questions regarding them.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSS
    What about my rear end? And what NOS system do you recommend?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Wait a minute....I'm confused....SLP crate engine? Forged rods/ARP rod bolts/forged crank etc.....yes a 200 shot with PROPER TUNING....your good....go lean...and those pistons are toast.....
    I assume your talking like you have stock everything in your driveline....Driveshaft/rear end etc.....You build a car from the back forwards...not the other way around...you don't show up with a kabillion RWHP and then wonder if your driveline is gonna hold it....I don't know if your an A4 or M6....yes SLP seems to have some issues with pistons don't they.....I dunno...internet dog pile mebbe...but what the hell...you got it...go with it....as for your driveline...who the hell knows....break it and hope you don't freaking kill yourself....at the least get a drive shaft safety loop....
    What is the current RWHP/RWTQ factory recommended maximums for your setup...lets start there....if your stock I can tell you on a 2000 its around 290-320 RWHP....break an axle and do a hard left/right at 120mph sucks...been there done that...don't recommend it...Break a drive shaft and do the "flip" and your worm dirt.....so lets start at the beginning versus building engines and then "wondering" if your driveline will handle it.....
    Do you have an M6 or an A4?
    Is your drive train stock?
    Are you an organ donor? Have you signed your card?
    Lets start there.....

Thread Information