Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Some kind of AMG Mercedes

I pulled up next to a silver mercedes that had a the AMG logo on the back at a stop light. I didnt really think too much about racing him, but when the light turned green he floored it and took off. I didnt know we were racing so Ilet him go for that one. At the next light he rolls down the window and says "you cant keep up with me" So when the light turned green I was ready for him. I put about a car length on him to 60 and let off. He did the ricer fly by and when we stopped at the next light he asked me how much nitrous I was running... I told him none and he flipped me off and took off. My mods are CAI, tune, exhaust, and ported intake and TB. I dont know what kind of Mercedes it was. I know some of the AMG cars are real fast. It didnt sound like a V-8 and it was a bigger car. I was driving my GTO... I wish I had been in the T/A So I could have really shown him what for.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Sore losers=not cool...funny that he didn't think you would keep up though, he was probably really pissed his expensive car couldn't keep up with a Pontiac...

What is done to the TA? I'm guessing it's a little faster...

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    Sore losers=not cool...funny that he didn't think you would keep up though, he was probably really pissed his expensive car couldn't keep up with a Pontiac...

What is done to the TA? I'm guessing it's a little faster...
    Full bolt ons, FAST Intake and Comp .232 cam with 3.73 gears and a 3500 stall. Put down 379 RWHP around 360RWTQ (i cant remember the exact Torque it has been a while) on a dynojet dyno.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

nice!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Full bolt ons, FAST Intake and Comp .232 cam with 3.73 gears and a 3500 stall. Put down 379 RWHP around 360RWTQ (i cant remember the exact Torque it has been a while) on a dynojet dyno.
    How do you like the 3.73 gears? I am going to get some installed end of February and wanted some opinions i am going from 3.23 and I hear that new gears really "wake" the car up......
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    How do you like the 3.73 gears? I am going to get some installed end of February and wanted some opinions i am going from 3.23 and I hear that new gears really "wake" the car up......
    With an Auto car they are almost perfect. I have no complaints other than the gas mileage... but who cares! That with the stall was the best mod I have done.

2000 Trans Am

Cool thanks man didn't mean to steal your thread just wondering........

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Somewhat off topic, but in line with the rest.

We put a 4.10 posi unit in mine. Runs around 2k rpm @ 85 mph. Got 24 mpg while it was tuned, im down to about 20 mpg right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I pulled up next to a silver mercedes that had a the AMG logo on the back at a stop light. I didnt really think too much about racing him, but when the light turned green he floored it and took off. I didnt know we were racing so Ilet him go for that one. At the next light he rolls down the window and says "you cant keep up with me" So when the light turned green I was ready for him. I put about a car length on him to 60 and let off. He did the ricer fly by and when we stopped at the next light he asked me how much nitrous I was running... I told him none and he flipped me off and took off. My mods are CAI, tune, exhaust, and ported intake and TB. I dont know what kind of Mercedes it was. I know some of the AMG cars are real fast. It didnt sound like a V-8 and it was a bigger car. I was driving my GTO... I wish I had been in the T/A So I could have really shown him what for.
    Some of those AMG cars are retarded fast. Go look on dragtimes.com. There are plenty of them running well into the 11s with nothing other than a pulley upgrade. That's pretty impressive for a 4 door luxury saloon.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Some of those AMG cars are retarded fast. Go look on dragtimes.com. There are plenty of them running well into the 11s with nothing other than a pulley upgrade. That's pretty impressive for a 4 door luxury saloon.
    Absolutely. For 100k I would expect nothing less. They are nice too. I would take a merc any day if I could afford one.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

It was a C55 AMG. I finally found a picture of one online. 362 horses and he outweighed me. Not that impressive but still cool cause the guy was an asshole.

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

as previously stated above, some of the AMGs are ungodly. my father has had a few of them, and they were absolute MONSTERS after a pulley/computer reprogram. E55 AMG and his current, CL65 AMG... just nasty as hell. And you dont even realize how fast you are accelerating or driving unless you have another car next to you mashing it for comparison. he doesnt drive them around like a smug a#@hole tho, way to give it to that guy...

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    as previously stated above, some of the AMGs are ungodly. my father has had a few of them, and they were absolute MONSTERS after a pulley/computer reprogram. E55 AMG and his current, CL65 AMG... just nasty as hell. And you dont even realize how fast you are accelerating or driving unless you have another car next to you mashing it for comparison. he doesnt drive them around like a smug a#@hole tho, way to give it to that guy...
    Yeah. It is cool to have a nice car. I hate when people are pricks for no reason though.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    S65 AMG > Me
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91138

Thread Information