Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Need help removing stickers!

My car has these stickers on top of the vents on the front fenders that say "trans am", and another one on the front bumper under the driver side headlight that says "firebird". I guess the previous owner had them put on and i dont care much for them. I like the clean look, but the only thing holding me back is im scared that the paint might be faded, and if i take them off ill have like ghost decals. Any of you guys that have shaved the side moldings on your cars ever have any problem with paint discoloration. And any tips on how to remove them would be great, ive heard a blow dryer works well. Thanks

Yulian

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

can you post up some pics of the area(s) you are talking about...?

if they are vinyl lettering you can just heat them up with a hairdryer and then slowly peel them off. go back over the area with bug/tar remover or WD-40 to clean off any reaming residue and then polish and wax the area. as for the side molding, here is a link...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49240

as for any possible paint discoloration, i would think that unless the previous owner kept the car outside everyday for the past 6 years you're fine. for the side molding, peel it off slowly and everything will turn out fine...

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thanks for responding man. Yeah im pretty sure theyre vinyls, but i dont know how to post up pics. But if you look at my profile picture, youll see the car at an angle that shows the location of both stickers. I wasnt talking about removing the molding, but ive been thinking about it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I see why you want those removed, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Using a blow dryer to heat them will help loosen the adhesive holding them like you mentioned. I would then use 3M adhesive remover to remove any remaining residue. As far as ghost lettering or discoloration, I really don't think you will have a problem with it. There are occasional instances where people remove their side moldings and have issues, but its usually due to the car being painted previously. Most of the time, people are fine though.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thanks Y2K, i really appreciate it. And not only do they stick out, but the ones on top of the vents are just plain silly! Its redundant, it already says "trans am" on the door, i dont know what that guy was thinking!
    Anyway, ill try doing it tommorow, and if all goes well ill consider removing the pinstiping too. What do yall think?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I agree with you on the redundant part

I had not noticed the pinstriping the first time I looked honestly. I would lose it as well if it was my WS6

Your WS6 is really nice looking and like you, I hate the busy or cluttered look.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thanks for the comments Y2K, i appreciate it. Ive also seen pics of your car and i can honestly say thats the nicest camaro ive ever seen. I dont know if you remember, but awhile ago we had a coversation were i saw pics of the undercaridge of your car, and i asked you about your suspension setup and what size tires you were running on youre ZO6's, and i can truly say, that your car is gorgeous.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post
    Thanks for the comments Y2K, i appreciate it. Ive also seen pics of your car and i can honestly say thats the nicest camaro ive ever seen. I dont know if you remember, but awhile ago we had a coversation were i saw pics of the undercaridge of your car, and i asked you about your suspension setup and what size tires you were running on youre ZO6's, and i can truly say, that your car is gorgeous.
    I do remember and I certainly appreciate the comments as well. You don't see too many WS6's running around in your color and its a great color. Hang on to it as long as you can

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Actually its just a base trans am, and i added the hood and lower air box. But its kinda cool hearing some one call it a WS6. But i do plan on keeping this baby forever, God willing. Im just trying to get me a daily driver to try and make her last a little longer. Miami is an unforgiving place, especially when someone tries to take care of their car as much as we try to.

Artic White
    98 Trans Am

is that a real ws6 hood then? I'll agree w/ everyone and say you have a really nice car! I love the color of your car too.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thanks for the compliment amanc96. Actually, its a replica of a WS6 hood. I bought it off of ramairhoods.com. And im quite pleased with it. It was 1500 bucks, but it came already painted, and also came with the lower air box, the grills, and the decals. And the color matching was also pretty good. It suposed to be made out of the same type of plastic that most of the other body panels on our cars is made out of. Oh and by the way fellas, i just removed the stickers today and DAMN she looks good! Its not a big change but to me it makes a world of difference. And there was no discoloration at all. Thanks again for all the advice guys.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thanks for the compliment amanc96. Actually, its a replica of a WS6 hood. I bought it off of ramairhoods.com. And im quite pleased with it. It was 1500 bucks, but it came already painted, and also came with the lower air box, the grills, and the decals. And the color matching was also pretty good. It suposed to be made out of the same type of plastic that most of the other body panels on our cars is made out of. Oh and by the way fellas, i just removed the stickers today and DAMN she looks good! Its not a big change but to me it makes a world of difference. And there was no discoloration at all. Thanks again for all the advice guys.
    Glad to hear it

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

good to hear. side molding is next, right?

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Yup. If i figure out how to post pics between now and then, ill post some up for you guys with the cars new look. And thanks again for the help fellas.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Yup. If i figure out how to post pics between now and then, ill post some up for you guys with the cars new look. And thanks again for the help fellas.
    www.photobucket.com

sign up, its free, then download your pics. then underneath the pic you copy the last link box that has the [img] CODE. then paste here in the reply box. it's how you get the really big pics, like this:

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Here ya go, some before and after pics. And thanks for the help on how to post pics SSwt00SS.

Let me know what ya think fellas. I havent done the side molding yet, but im hoping to do it soon, and for some reason i kinda like the pinstriping now but im still considering taking it off. I just gotta convince myself. By the way thats a nice looking car you got there.
    Last edited by RAWPWR3; 07-20-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Pics look good and it looks much better without the decals

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

B-E-A-UTIFUL. Very nice!

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Thanks for the compliments gents! Now about that pinstriping? What do you guys think? Im thinking it needs to come off when i do the side molding, eh?

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

I think it could stay and look fine, but if you're going after that clean look then yea it's a must.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information