Thread: Im back...

Im back...

I don't know if u guys remeber me posting here, I had a 6 banger auto 95 firebird. Well i drove the car to hell, not to mention when it was purchased I didn't look into it and it had 1,800 dollars worth of work to the breaks. The rear diferential leeked oil like it was its job. Not to mention the hail storm that destroyed the body ( insurence wouldn't pay... those bastards) Well i drove it hard, i would take a corner fast and lay rubber ( only way i could, thing had no power) got the best of me and i caught a curb going 30. Broke a calibor, and crakced my rear dif. I got it for 2.5k ( my mom did ... ) so that is down the drain. Sold it for like 350 i think.

Now to the important part i have been working my ass off.. and soon to have another source of income. I will be taking a loan with in 2 months and buying another one ( this time much for responsible i understand my mistake and i have learned). I want a T/A Manual 6 speed V8.. but i will settle with a Z28/formula/SS/Firebird... it really depends on millage and all that shit.

Well now i pose the question of a LT1 vs LS1 i understand the 98's have the Ls1 and the new throttle body and better suspension. I was looking into geting a 98 Ws6 but i think i can better afford a 95-98 so i know they got the LT1 and i know an LT1 is like an Ls1 but i want to but something that will last and i will get what i pay for...

Can you guys help explain the difference between the two engines...

Btw ill be 17 in march... wondering if my insurence will be cheaper than or not? ( no tickets, no record, no 3.0 in school.. ill work on that )

Btw... if your wondering. My income should be around 1k a month and the car/loan in my mothers name.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

For me, it was the fact that the LS1 claims to come with over 300hp stock. with the LT1 its like 275 or somthing, so you would have to do a bunch of bolt-ons just to get up to 300. The second reason was the better looking front bumper, and the honeycomb taillights. and the last reason was just the fact that they are newer cars, and in most cases they have lower miles.

green
    98 formula

the lt1 is way different than the ls1 i will write a few diffs but the best thing to do is look at a cut-away of both first of all the lt1 has an iron block ls1 is aluminum, lt1 has optispark heard they suck i personally have not owned an lt1 ls1 is 1 coil per cyl, the heads from the ls1 flow alot better, ls1 is 6-bolt mains and also itegrates the oil pan for rigidity but without the lt1 the mustang guys would have walked on us f-body guys for a few more years,the lt1 is a great upgrade from a 6-cyl good luck finding a clean one with your age against you maybe get creative with a clean 6-cyl and put a small turbo on it or build a nasty stroker ls1 for it that way the insurance is cheaper

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

1k a month at 16? jw, but how do u do that? im the same age and i cant find any good paying job anywhere around me. sorry to change the topic lol

Between 600-800 a month makeing 7.50 at a country club.

paper route with a buddy making around 500 each

black
    2000 trans am ws6

good shyt.. if i were you, look for the future.. pic the car that your gunna want in the comming years. that way you know youll be happy with it. ur insurance is probably gunna suck. but thats life. suck it up and enjoy the hell out of it.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

True that, when I was 16 I had an 86 Dodge Aries. I got to drive a 94 Formula, holy shit did I want it! But making 1k/month can tight. Insurance shouldn't be too bad, depend what your coverage is, good student discount and clean record. I'd go w/ and LS1, maybe look into a salavged title. Most likely at 17, your gonna drive it like you stole showing off for your bro's! It took me 10 years to finally get mine, how seet it is!

T/A.black.Tundra White.
    01 WS6.07Tundra DC

ive got it

hey dude i got the car you want i love it but i am giting a 07 sierra in i all ready have a 06 so ineed to sell 01 t/a ws6 clone with ramair hood in in wheels red calipers t tops 55k miles dvd sound system slp exhaust black with gray flames tan leather sweet ride a4 13.3 no stall just put new khumos dough salvaged tittle i want what i paid in october 11k but make offer any one intersted
    in the pic it is dirty i brought the car thinking it was a ws6 ramair but it ant even had ws6 stickers f/b winshield

Texas too far my man, but thanks for the offer.

Good luck selling it

T/A.black.Tundra White.
    01 WS6.07Tundra DC

np

np good luck finding 1

Thread Information