Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what is de ja vu?

We've all experienced it...so what the hell do you think it is? Here is a web definition:

Quote Originally Posted by
    The term déjÃ* vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all. Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

The phenomenon is rather complex, and there are many different theories as to why déjÃ* vu happens. Swiss scholar Arthur Funkhouser suggests that there are several "déjÃ* experiences" and asserts that in order to better study the phenomenon, the nuances between the experiences need to be noted. In the examples mentioned above, Funkhouser would describe the first incidence as déjÃ* visité ("already visited") and the second as déjÃ* vecu ("already experienced or lived through").
    As much as 70 percent of the population reports having experienced some form of déjÃ* vu. A higher number of incidents occurs in people 15 to 25 years old than in any other age group.

DéjÃ* vu has been firmly associated with temporal-lobe epilepsy. Reportedly, déjÃ* vu can occur just prior to a temporal-lobe epileptic attack. People suffering an epileptic seizure of this kind can experience déjÃ* vu during the actual seizure activity or in the moments between convulsions.

Since déjÃ* vu occurs in individuals with and without a medical condition, there is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjÃ* vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience. Obviously, there is more investigation to be done.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Its a strip club here in Nashville. Its not upscale either.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wheoo...ok, glad we got that all figured out.. ok mods, go ahead n' lock it down, we're done here.

Its watching a new female without a lsx register onto a lsx based site and knowing the drama that will follow ahead of time.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, i posted this at the wrong time...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

vu ja de .interesting it's kinda like (teh) i believe...

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

I just think it's when are brain speeds up, and slows down. Certain things compensate for that feeling of (WOW! I have been there before, or this place looks familiar) It was always a debate in college what the web defin was.. People in the past such as scholars in your web defin were also know as mental cases in the past. So to consinder you web defin is just a shit answer of the term déjÃ* vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." ..

Why you ask third shift studio???

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Its a roller coaster at six flags over georgia that never works.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    I just think it's when are brain speeds up, and slows down. Certain things compensate for that feeling of (WOW! I have been there before, or this place looks familiar) It was always a debate in college what the web defin was.. People in the past such as scholars in your web defin were also know as mental cases in the past. So to consinder you web defin is just a shit answer of the term déjÃ* vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." ..

Why you ask third shift studio???
    got your PM...lol, damn calm it down, hoss!

I ask b/c it happened to me last week, my fiance and i bs'd about it a bit then fell asleep. I brought it up to zbizkit over the phone and i just figured to get some intellegent conversations going on the AAG.

I have a thought: the universe expands, contracts, explodes and starts all over again. In doing so every element lands in the same or nearly same sequence. When those sequences line up EXACTLY we experience de ja vu, as it's a reoccuring of something that has allready occured and our DNA knows it.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    got your PM...lol, damn calm it down, hoss!

I ask b/c it happened to me last week, my fiance and i bs'd about it a bit then fell asleep. I brought it up to zbizkit over the phone and i just figured to get some intellegent conversations going on the AAG.

I have a thought: the universe expands, contracts, explodes and starts all over again. In doing so every element lands in the same or nearly same sequence. When those sequences line up EXACTLY we experience de ja vu, as it's a reoccuring of something that has allready occured and our DNA knows it.
    Lol! I hear ya that's a thought, and could be just that to . To consider some of us are effected by gravitational pull off of decrease, and increase in the atmospheric pressure. I would also include the moon.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

<Grabs forhead> OW!!!!! Too...much.. thinking....
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Silver
    2002 SS

Here's the best explanation I've heard.

Every sight, sound, smell, touch, etc that you experience in your life, your brain will check in memory to see if it has ever happened before. Regardless of whether it happened before or not, the brain then stores all that new information into memory. Everything that's ever happened to you is in there somewhere.

Anyway, when deja vu occurs it is because somehow the brain misfires slightly and puts the new information into memory a split second before it checks to see if this has already happened and sure enough, there it is.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

another approach is that the brain is good to simulate plausible scenarios of what is to happen in the short term...
    Let's say what you thought unconsciously (or what your brain simulated as a plausible sequence of events) actually happened.
    it can happen that the brain interprets that as a feeling of "already been there"
    since it sees something that it was able to visualise a few secs before as a plausible scenario.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by StangKiller615 View Post
    Its a strip club here in Nashville. Its not upscale either.

it is here also, and VERY upscale!!!!!!

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    it is here also, and VERY upscale!!!!!!
    Zboner! We have one here to in Chicago here to lil bud!!

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    Zboner! We have one here to in Chicago here to lil bud!!
    yea boy i think its a national thing? i have seen them all over i Know one is In Cincinnati and one in Lexington Ky

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I swear I just read this thread.

_ |

Thread Information