Black
    01 Trans am WS6

Need Help Choosing Rim Size!!!!!

Alright guys well im pretty new at this but i was just wondering what would be the best size of rims to get i was thinkin about gettin these nice Z06 rims 18's in the front and 19's in the back... but what i dont want is TOO MUCH WHEEL GAP so dont you think i should go with 19's in the front and 20's in the back or what would be the best way i would like to try to avoid Lowering my car cuz im still going to school and well school comes first but my still needs loving haha well hope i can get some feedback! THANKS!

These are the rims i was thinkin about i got a black ws6

If you run the correct tire size your wheel fender gap shouldn't change from the size it is stock no matter what size you choose. The gap will appear to be larger with bigger wheels though.... It's hard to explain but for some reason if the sidewall thickness of your tire is smaller than the fender gap the entire set up appears too small. To correct this problem there are three options, one, upgrade the size of the wheels only a little, (maybe +1) this will minimize the gap problem you might see. Two, you might be able to put larger tires on but this is not recomended by any manufacture or anyone that knows what they are doing in wheels, tires or suspensions, (but it is ocasionally done) this messes up your speedometer and can cause rubbing. or Three give it the drop it needs, this is what i would recomend, there are a lot of really good companies making great simple suspension drops that don't cost an arm and a leg. You will get the best look, you would be able to go as big as you can make fit while maintaing the overall height as your origionals and your car will handle better too. If you are wanting to go big, buy the bigger wheel setup with the correct size tires, put up with the fender gap so you can save up for the drop. You'll be happier in the end with the overall look

Black
    01 Trans am WS6

alright cool thanks man well do you know of any good after market suspensions?? cuz i do have a ws6 and arent they known for there suspension thats also the main reason why i really didnt want to touch it but maybe i should.. i love the look of a badass car dropped on some rims man its a head turner for sure and i want that look back

I believe Eibach makes a prokit for it but i'd check their site to see for sure. I think they have a prokit that would give it an inch drop in the front and an inch drop in the rear. I know it doesn't seem like much but it would make a world of difference.

Black
    00 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TravisDTD View Post
    I believe Eibach makes a prokit for it but i'd check their site to see for sure. I think they have a prokit that would give it an inch drop in the front and an inch drop in the rear. I know it doesn't seem like much but it would make a world of difference.

yep eibach pro kit, actually it a 1.5 inch drop both front n back. anymore is pretty much overkill unless its a show car. you'll be scraping everywhere

Black
    01 Trans am WS6

Thanks Guys! you been a big help once i get all that done ill post it up on here and tell me what you think!

what is in those Idaho potatoes......... get some 1le springs or slp springs and go with 18inch max....20 inches are for suv not an f-body.... 18x9.5 and 18x10.5...275/35 and 295/35.......

Thread Information