Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skateboarders

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Skateboarders

How do you feel about skateboarders?

Watch this link:

http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2007/04/...d/content.html

One particular comment made was interesting. They said, "If the city doesn't HAVE a skateboard park, the city IS a skateboard park".

Apparently, taxpayers are supposed to build them a park to keep them happy. I guess little old women who knit will be next to demand a special place built with taxpayer's money so they can continue their hobby.

Ten days off for pushing that kid.
    Last edited by jad628; 04-03-2007 at 10:01 AM.

Black
    2004 Z06

How 'bout Prezy Bushycrat's hobby ... looting the U.S. Treasury of a half-a-trillion-dollars for World War Dubya ...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i used to skateboard, its fun, but there are bad ones

and o yea, you link sucks and MULTI MEDIA SECTION

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by eddierox View Post
    How 'bout Prezy Bushycrat's hobby ... looting the U.S. Treasury of a half-a-trillion-dollars for World War Dubya ...

We built a park for the borders in our city.

It allows enforcement the ability to keep the rest of the city safe from the borders.

It was a high intial cost in concrete alone but the end result made everyone happy.

The park design went over well despite myself knowing nothing on skate park design because we held open forums for input. Was prurdy when finished but now it has allot of paint/blood on it now!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    i used to skateboard, its fun, but there are bad ones

and o yea, you link sucks and MULTI MEDIA SECTION
    Yeah the link does suck. Sorry.

Should be fixed now. Why multi-media section? Tons of links in AAG, but I'll put it where it needs to be.
    Last edited by jad628; 04-03-2007 at 10:05 AM.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i just say it to give people a hard time i could care less, more people will see it in this section ne ways, MMS is pretty much dead

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

i just say it to give people a hard time i could care less, more people will see it in this section ne ways, MMS is pretty much dead
    Okay. The link did suck though. Fixed now. I swear he went down easy!!!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I get tickled by all the "individual" rights that people talk about and demand, then they want to government to fund everything. I understand the basic services and stuff, but come on, a skateboard park? Why don't the people interested in it come up with the funds? Or privately owned and operated MAKING money.

I just don't think that taxpayers should be paying for the hobbies of others.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I just don't think that taxpayers should be paying for the hobbies of others.
    why, i wish i got a check from the government to support my hobby of 'car care/performance upgrades'...

as for skateboarders, they are useless, take 'em out in the street and shoot 'em. not really productive destroying property so eliminate all the baggy-ass wearing, chained walleted, egg white/elemer glued haired, wanna be punk skaters...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I totally agree that the people that want the park should be the ones footing the bill and the taxpayer isnt responsible for supplying them with a park but.... Not every kid is football player, baseball players, basketball player. Most parks have these facilities available. The kids that skate technically dont have anywhere to go in most places. So what do they do? THey become a nuisance in parking lots, strip malls, regular parks. Destroying benches grinding, covering them in wax, making everything look like shit. Getting in the way etc.
    In this specific video though, that cop really had no right to touch that kid. He didnt do anything that made being pushed down necessary. ALl the cop had to do is tell them to leave once he got down. jus my 2cents

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I totally agree that the people that want the park should be the ones footing the bill and the taxpayer isnt responsible for supplying them with a park but.... Not every kid is football player, baseball players, basketball player. Most parks have these facilities available. The kids that skate technically dont have anywhere to go in most places. So what do they do? THey become a nuisance in parking lots, strip malls, regular parks. Destroying benches grinding, covering them in wax, making everything look like shit. Getting in the way etc.
    In this specific video though, that cop really had no right to touch that kid. He didnt do anything that made being pushed down necessary. ALl the cop had to do is tell them to leave once he got down. jus my 2cents

True about the other sports, but most of them have to pay fees for the privilege to play.

Yeah the cop did push him, but a ten-day suspension is pretty stout for that. Oh well. Next time just step in front and brace for impact!!!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    why, i wish i got a check from the government to support my hobby of 'car care/performance upgrades'...

as for skateboarders, they are useless, take 'em out in the street and shoot 'em. not really productive destroying property so eliminate all the baggy-ass wearing, chained walleted, egg white/elemer glued haired, wanna be punk skaters...
    Wow. Just...wow.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

And we need you to keep the faith brother!

MMS Nazi!

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    ...the baggy-ass wearing, chained walleted, egg white/elemer glued haired, wanna be punk skaters...
    Zing! If only the'hawk posted here!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Park or not they're going to skate where they're not supposed to....part of the whole "look at me i'm a rebel" thing.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

that was a hate crime, black pushed a white, o wait that cant happen...

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

You cant just go around pushing people. I think the cop got off easy. What if I went around pushing people in the line of my work? My company would be facing a rather large lawsuit is what, and I would have been fired. I dont know about Charlotte, but in Texas, what that cop did was assault.

Even I know I cant go around pushing folks, and a cop should have even more retraint, being that its his job to know when its ok to push folks and when its not.

The quote is pretty retarded, but then again, I hate funding anything out of the public treasury.

Austin has a public skate park and a bike ramp park. they didnt cost nearly as much as the 12 mile greenbelt that people run and hike and bike around... you know... acceptable activities.

Black
    2005 GTO

For the most part there all punks. I work at a grocery store and they love to throw are pallets all over the back of the store to jump over and do there tricks. Now I don't have a problem if they pick up after them selfs and don't destroy shit but most the time they don't pick up and break stuff.

I had an incident with a group awile back I specificly told them you are not allowed to jump off our loading dock(it has like a 4-5 drop so we can unload the trailers) well they love to jump off it. Its not cause were dick it's because if they fall and hurt themsleves there going to sue us so we are forced to run them off. This specific day I felt like being nice so I told them its fine if they skate in the parking lot in the back just not off the dock. Well one of the kids felt like being a smart ass and tried skating off it again trying to squeze by me with a pallet jack and another set of pallets. He comes skating up I kick the pallet jack out right in front of him he falls and his board hit the jack, I then push his board all the way across the parking lot.
    Immedaily the mother(yes the mother was there in her van watching all this) starts yelling at me blah blah bullshit about how shes going to sue and her husband will be up here to kick my ass. I said mama you need to take these kids and leave now before I call the cops and have treaspassing warrants placed on all of you. The left and the husband never came and kicked my ass. A few weeks later I saw the same punk kids out back so I called the cops and had trespassing warrants placed on all 4 of the kids there not allowed within 1,000 feet of the shopping plaza, little bastards.

I don't have a problem with skateboarding but theres a few that give it a bad name. I try to be nice letting the kids skate in the back in the parking lot and not off the loading dock. If I see them with pallets out I ask nicely to put them back when there done. If they don't and I see them again I'm not so nice.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    For the most part there all punks. I work at a grocery store and they love to throw are pallets all over the back of the store to jump over and do there tricks. Now I don't have a problem if they pick up after them selfs and don't destroy shit but most the time they don't pick up and break stuff.

I had an incident with a group awile back I specificly told them you are not allowed to jump off our loading dock(it has like a 4-5 drop so we can unload the trailers) well they love to jump off it. Its not cause were dick it's because if they fall and hurt themsleves there going to sue us so we are forced to run them off. This specific day I felt like being nice so I told them its fine if they skate in the parking lot in the back just not off the dock. Well one of the kids felt like being a smart ass and tried skating off it again trying to squeze by me with a pallet jack and another set of pallets. He comes skating up I kick the pallet jack out right in front of him he falls and his board hit the jack, I then push his board all the way across the parking lot.
    Immedaily the mother(yes the mother was there in her van watching all this) starts yelling at me blah blah bullshit about how shes going to sue and her husband will be up here to kick my ass. I said mama you need to take these kids and leave now before I call the cops and have treaspassing warrants placed on all of you. The left and the husband never came and kicked my ass. A few weeks later I saw the same punk kids out back so I called the cops and had trespassing warrants placed on all 4 of the kids there not allowed within 1,000 feet of the shopping plaza, little bastards.

I don't have a problem with skateboarding but theres a few that give it a bad name. I try to be nice letting the kids skate in the back in the parking lot and not off the loading dock. If I see them with pallets out I ask nicely to put them back when there done. If they don't and I see them again I'm not so nice.
    Lots of good points. Another spin on the pushing incident though to jad628, if the cop pushed your son and he got hurt. Would you get pissed?

Black
    2005 GTO

Lots of good points. Another spin on the pushing incident though to jad628, if the cop pushed your son and he got hurt. Would you get pissed?

The video does't show the whole story. I don't know the whole story but I'm sure the cop did't just run up and push the kid. I'm sure there was some kind of verbal discussion such as stop or get off the bench. The kid was proabably being a punk and did not listen so then the cop pushed the kid over. If my kid did't listen to any adult then got pushed I would probably tell my kid he got what he diserved. Like I sad I don't know the whole story but i'm sure the media edited that video to look as bad as possible. I'm sure there was more to that video before the officer pushed the kid that got cut out.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I'd want to know the whole story. If the cop JUST came up and decked him, yes I'd be upset. But if he ignored the cop (which in my opinion is probably what happened based on my experience with boarders), no I would not be upset. As a matter of fact, it would be his ass later when I dealt with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information