Thread: Help!!!!!!

Collectors edition yellow
    2002 ws6

Help!!!!!!

I need some help because my car wont run. I installed pacesetter headers with a set of true duals with no cats. I bought a diablo predator to delete the rear O2's. I installed a performance tune before running the car. I started the car up after this and it seemed to run fine. I shut the car off and tried to delete the O2's by modifying the tune but I got an error message saying "incorrect header found". I kept getting this message. I then tried to restore factory tune. This also gave me an error message after loading to 100%, saying "checksum error". At this point I tried to start the car.......It will not run.

When I try to plug in the diablo now, it says "no tune found". When I follow the "load factory tune" directions, it says "Vin # not found". At this point I can't use the diablo to do anything to my car, the car will turn over but will not start, and I am extremely frustrated.

Can I reset the cars computer without actually running the car? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Sounds like you might have to get your ECM reflashed.....did you let the car's battery get low???? It happend to me once and it locked the computer up....if you can find an honest dealer then they can reflash it to your car's original setup...then you can start over..........some will try to say that the ECM is fried only to get you to buy another one....if you take it to any GM shop with your VIN number they can reflash it...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You need to get a "custom tune" to delete the o2's through the predator using your desktop/laptop puter...as far as I know anyway. The battery getting low or being disconnected won't do anything to the flash memory...but it will force a relearn on the fuel trims which is a good thing to do now and then.

After you installed the performance tune did you install the tune that you adjusted yourself....or did the predator start throwing the errors by itself? That's weird that you can't install the factory tune back in....try contacting diablo or whoever you bought the tuner from.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    You need to get a "custom tune" to delete the o2's through the predator using your desktop/laptop puter...as far as I know anyway. The battery getting low or being disconnected won't do anything to the flash memory...but it will force a relearn on the fuel trims which is a good thing to do now and then.

After you installed the performance tune did you install the tune that you adjusted yourself....or did the predator start throwing the errors by itself? That's weird that you can't install the factory tune back in....try contacting diablo or whoever you bought the tuner from.
    You have the ability to delete egr air and O2 codes in the modify tune menu

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

trust me......I went thru this! You are going to have to get the computer reflashed..

Collectors edition yellow
    2002 ws6

Thanks for the help. I had to send the pcm out to be reflashed. They told me that my Vin # didnt match the diablo handheld I had. I guess I was sent the wrong one.

Paul

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    You have the ability to delete egr air and O2 codes in the modify tune menu
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....I gotta check that out. I haven't played with it much with all this damn rain outside

Thread Information